Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fully loaded 2014 f150 silver screw sb fx4 less than 10k miles, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 09:28 AM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Fully loaded 2014 f150 silver screw sb fx4 less than 10k miles, thoughts?

Hello Guys,

I'm on the hunt for a loaded up 14 SCREW SB FX4 that has been super well cared for, I may have found one in silver, we wanted the ruby red version in the same trim type, but silver looks good as well, but it has a few issues, nothing that could not be resolved is my thinking. Seemly, it is used?

They found on the lower end bumper it has a few rock chips on the front only, my thinking is we buy the best 3M film I can find and then this will be a non issue in the future.

The Carfax looks good, the service history is good, again less than 10K on the clock, garaged kept, but that one rim seems to have an issue, I assume this can be solved with a fair amount of ease? Plus rip those tires off and get some Michelin LTX's.

The asking is $37k, Im going to try for $34k since it does not have an extended Ford warranty, needs better tires and some paint work, and it's an EB so it also has an active recall for the master brake cylinder.

I called my local trusted Ford dealer and they stated for around $1900 I can get a bumper to bumper premium care for 8 years 100K, but that is from the time of the first in service date and or mileage.

Which in turn means we get the remaining from the in service date. So that is 5-6 year ish or when the clock hits 100k.

The rub is until the recall has been addressed they can't warranty anything, and Ford does not have the parts for the recall yet. So I have no idea how long that will take and what risk that puts me in during that time. I guess we would still have the factory warranty as that is transferable.

Enough talk, here are a few photos of the truck, they have been upfront and say this is all they could find on the entire truck.

Can this be fixed without noticing? Also these tires are not that good, so they need to go quickly.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:29 AM

The back seat seems to be never used...

Old 07-24-2016, 09:30 AM

Old 07-24-2016, 09:31 AM

Old 07-24-2016, 10:14 AM
American member

Received 1,058 Likes on 843 Posts

Default Fully loaded 2014 f150 silver screw sb fx4 less than 10k miles, thoughts?

Looks mint to me. Depending on were you live, it was around $50,000 new.
So if you can get it for $34,000 with only 9,500 miles. I'd be happy with that.
The paint chips happen to every painted bumper. I would definitely get it touched up and 3M'd asap.
Those Pirelli's are finicky tires. They need to be rotated every 4,000 miles or they'll go **** real quick.
I had a similar scuff on my rim (same rim, just charcoal instead) that my Ford dealer did when they replaced my leaky rear shocks. Look for that btw, some shocks on the fx4's leak oil.
Anyways I know a very good rim "Dr" and he fixed perfectly. I got a deal, but it would've been around a $100. So I wouldn't worry about the scuffed rim.
Other people might think you should get more money off, but I see great looking truck at good price.

Last edited by Masi1926; 07-24-2016 at 10:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ingenuitor (07-24-2016)
Old 07-24-2016, 10:33 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Why is a 2014 for sale with less than 10,000 miles? Someone else's problem child?

Tires wear out in less than 10,000 miles?

Factory warranty is still in place, so no issues on repairs of brake system - and you shouldn't be shopping for extended warranties without checking out the dealers online as posted throughout the forum (or considering that extended warranties are largely a waste of money).
The following users liked this post:
ingenuitor (07-24-2016)
Old 07-24-2016, 10:36 AM
Super Duper Senior Member

Received 346 Likes on 281 Posts

Only 10K miles? I put that many miles on my truck in 6 months.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by masitile
Looks mint to me. Depending on were you live, it was around $50,000 new.
So if you can get it for $34,000 with only 9,500 miles. I'd be happy with that.
The paint chips happen to every painted bumper. I would definitely get it touched up and 3M'd asap.
Those Pirelli's are finicky tires. They need to be rotated every 4,000 miles or they'll go **** real quick.
Other people might think you should get more money off, but I see great looking truck at good price.
Yeah I'm trying to be fair, considering they are also not a Ford dealer, it is a dealer still and they are not as easy to negotiate with like they used to be.

I do not buy cars very often, maybe every 9-10 years :P

We saw one down the street in Ruby Red fulled loaded, 58k on the clock, asking $30K but it had many more issues and the motor sounded like it was hammered.

I do not know EB's, yet but the sound was not good for sure, hard to explain it, deff a hammered motor and it's now been sitting for months, they can't seem to sell it, so it's not me, it's the truck. A motor is a motor and when they are hammered, you can tell by the sound for sure.

Yet is has ok history, all highway miles, clean Carfax, but it needs more paint work. They called it pristine, not even close imho.

Pristine is like new, not paint a door, hood, bumpers, dash scratches, back console scratches and worse yet a seemly hammered engine.

Thankfully it's not CarMax, they have to be the worse we have ever seen yet. They charge full bored NADA+ and then they do not even really consider the full condition.

It was 3 for 3 with CarMax, they never even detail out the vehicles and I have yet to see anything good from them. Plus they allow only like a 10-15 min to test drive, what the hell is that?

Thanks for the tips...
Old 07-24-2016, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
Why is a 2014 for sale with less than 10,000 miles? Someone else's problem child?

Tires wear out in less than 10,000 miles?

Factory warranty is still in place, so no issues on repairs of brake system - and you shouldn't be shopping for extended warranties without checking out the dealers online as posted throughout the forum (or considering that extended warranties are largely a waste of money).
The guy buys new cars all the time and traded it for a Hell Cat, so he is one of those rare breeds. Those tires are crap, but yeah deff at last more than 10k. As for the Warranty, I was told an EB is more complex and thus old school I have no idea what can go wrong and how much it would cost to fix it. Seemed like good insurance, but again this is why I post here to learn as much as I can, thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by tuflehundon
Only 10K miles? I put that many miles on my truck in 6 months.
It does make me wonder, but he has a ton of cars, so he seemly rotates them, I have no idea, he also had a 302 Mustang Boss he was keeping that for now.

Quick Reply: Fully loaded 2014 f150 silver screw sb fx4 less than 10k miles, thoughts?