Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Service Rep advice/help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 03:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Ford Service Rep advice/help needed.

Hi. I would like to reach out to a Ford Service Rep for some guidance/advice.

I have a 2014 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost (bought it new) that has been leaking water around the sunroof since 29,000 miles.

I have taken the vehicle to Metro Ford of OKC 3 different times for a combined total of 2 months. Each time I get the "Cannot duplicate the issue". They have replaced the adjusted the track, replaced the sunroof seal, and "found some possible leaking points in the drip tray/track and applied sealent".
Metro SAYS they have subjected the truck to hours and hours and hours of water intrusion tests and have been in contact with Ford and the engineer states that there is no known water issues that they know of. *Keep this in mind because it leads to my new issue with the truck.

I provided them with videos of the truck leaking like crazy from the sunroof area all down the driver side, onto the header. Water is basically just steadily coming in from the driver/rear of the sunroof. I'll post those videos on YouTube later and post pictures as well on here.

This last service took about 5 weeks to get the vehicle back. I picked it up 4 days ago after calling numerous times the previous week to get a resolution date on the repair.
After 4 days of having the vehicle, it rained, and now the truck is soaking wet again.

The new issue is this:
After having the truck 2 days, I had a horrible intermittent clanging/banging/tingy metal sound from the front drivers side wheel. I've never heard anything like that before; It sounds like a worn wheel bearing! After some investigation and NUMEROUS searches, I came upon this which is EXACTLY what is happening.
[URL="After having the truck 2 days, I had a horrible intermittent clanging/banging/tingy metal sound from the front drivers side wheel. I've never heard anything like that before; It sounds like a worn wheel bearing! After some investigation and NUMEROUS searches, I came upon this which is EXACTLY what is happening. There is water weeping out from under the vacum selenoid top.

Water in the vacum selenoid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqihvBDPEZc

I called Metro Ford today and the Service Lead said I should just call Ford.

Can you give me some direction on where to go with this?

Thank you.

William

Last edited by wluttrell; 02-02-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:42 PM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

I am not quite understanding this post. It sounds like you have two issues that are under warranty? Correct? The first issue-the leaking sunroof-has yet to be fixed. The second is a hub issue in the 4x4 IWE system that is a new problem and has not been addressed yet?

Are there any other Ford dealers in the area. It seems like a leaking sunroof on these trucks is a common enough problem they should have fixed it.

The issue with the hub is a separate unrelated problem and the dealer needs to address it. It could be the solenoid, vacuum line, hub, etc. That is their job to diagnose a fix. Of course, after reading about your sunroof saga it seems a different dealer should be involved.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:11 PM

Hey Chad, thanks for the post.
There is a little back story to these problems. I purchased the truck from Randall Reed Ford and within 1 month, they sold out to Metro Ford, so technically Metro Ford doesn't see it as I bought the vehicle from them and have been "can't duplicate the issue" with me for 2 warranty issues.

The first one was a seat cover that Ford replaced under warranty, and Metro was reluctant to do it. When they did, they put the bottom seat cover on wrong, 3 TIMES; once with the seat belt INSIDE the seat cover, the second with the bottom not attached to anything; and the third time they stuffed the neoprene/cusioning over the heater blower. When I took the vehicle back because the ONE seat cushion they replaced wasn't getting hot, it was "can't replicate the issue". After 3 times going in for that; they finally admitted that they put it on wrong, redid the job, and now it works fine.

The service lead at the time has since been let go/doesn't work there anymore.

The former service manager was who I reported the leaking sunroof too, but apparently didn't document ANYTHING.

The truck had 37K miles on it when they started trying to fix the sunroof leak but was still covering it under warranty.
After my former experiences with them (including shop rags left under the hood after its first oil change, lost/misplaced lug nut keys after 2 other oil changes, and my general mistrust of their service department) I called several dealers here in OKC and they seemed less then willing to take on a warranty job from another dealer.

I've heard the "We don't get paid anything form Ford to do warranty work..." speech more than once from OKC Ford Dealers here.

I agree. I need to find a new dealer to address the issue. Step 1.

Will

Last edited by wluttrell; 02-02-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:21 PM

Here are some pics of the truck after 30 minutes in the rain.

The dealer "can't replicate the issue"...

William
Old 02-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Wondering Around

Received 212 Likes on 156 Posts

Sorry to say but Metro Ford is incompetent. I would pursue another dealer as this is not acceptable. You can contact Ford Service here, not sure how helpful they will be. Hope you can get this resolved.
https://www.f150forum.com/f117/new-f...p-chad-306807/
Old 02-02-2016, 08:33 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Just curious as to weather or not it is possible that rain is getting in the 3rd brake light and running along the rails of your sunroof? I don't see a pic of the back side of the sunroof so I'm just stabbing in the dark here.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:39 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

You need to check the drain for the moon roof

Trending Topics

Old 02-03-2016, 08:02 AM

Dealer said that they are clean and unrestricted. I believe them because I poured water down the drip rails and it ran out unrestricted.

Will

Originally Posted by chris2013
You need to check the drain for the moon roof
Old 02-03-2016, 08:04 AM

Hi Old Timer.
I don't think so. There isn't any water leakage/stains that are rear of the sunroof. I don't have any water issues around the 3rd brake light area or the rear of the truck at all.

Will

Originally Posted by 1oldtimer
Just curious as to weather or not it is possible that rain is getting in the 3rd brake light and running along the rails of your sunroof? I don't see a pic of the back side of the sunroof so I'm just stabbing in the dark here.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:28 PM

Received 990 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by MT-Ford
Sorry to say but Metro Ford is incompetent. I would pursue another dealer as this is not acceptable. You can contact Ford Service here, not sure how helpful they will be. Hope you can get this resolved.
https://www.f150forum.com/f117/new-f...p-chad-306807/
There is still a Ford CSR here? I belong to a couple of other forums, & Ford pulled all their reps off the sites "Temporarily". That was over a month ago.

Quick Reply: Ford Service Rep advice/help needed.