Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Private Cash questions and how to get yours

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:30 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Ford Private Cash questions and how to get yours

I am curious about how Ford Private Cash works. Is it just another factory to dealer incentive that you can add to the others?

The reason I am asking is that I ordered a 2012 FX4 Screw a few weeks ago. Its To Day was yesterday(!) so I'll probably get to pick it up in a couple weeks. The price negotiated was a few hundred under invoice less incentives at time of purchase. So I am wondering: when I actually buy the truck, should the dealer give me the $750 on top of the cash, credit, and trade incentives, or will they try to avoid giving it to me since the base price was negotiated? Does the dealer eat it or is this a factory to dealer incentive?

By way of making this thread valuable to others, the way I got my $750 Private Cash coupon was by requesting a brochure via email(2 days ago), indicating that I am looking to purchase within 30 days, and I got the coupon via email less than 2 days later. It is good until June 30, 2012. It is good for 2011, 2012, and 2013 model years but excludes certain models.

Thanks for all the useful information on this forum.

Last edited by Rider; 05-01-2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Added that I ordered the brochure 2 days ago
Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you will get that $750 ontop of your bottomline price as long as you take delivery of the truck before the expiration date on the Credit. You are lucky. I waited too long and mine expired and i've tried repeatedly to get another with no luck. I went ahead and ordered my truck anyway and am expecting it mid to late June.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:45 PM
pacrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the dealer knows you have that private cash b4 you get a chance to throw it out there are the end. it is figured out by them as part of you discount.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:54 PM

It seems very random on who gets one and who doesn't. I requested a brochure when I was looking and put the same down about looking to buy in 30 days or less and all I got was the brochure. No coupon !!!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:14 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Exclamation

I ordered two brochures at different times.

the one to my physical address had the coupon.

the one delivered to my po box did not.

The dealer knows if you have the coupon or not before you even mention it. Its in their VINCENT system.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:54 AM

Thanks for the information. I called Ford's Marketing Department, and the person I spoke to tried to be very helpful, but...she told me what the national offers were, but then couldn't tell me what incentives would apply to me and couldn't provide detail on what was required to get the rebates. She also couldn't find my Private Cash or customer code in Vincent, and basically told me that the dealer would tell me what rebates, incentives, and offers I was eligible for. She tried to be helpful, but just didn't seem to have the information she needed to answer my question. (Can you say 'Holy lack of systems integration, Batman!'?)

I don't know, that seems a little dodgy to me. For all intents and purposes, the dealer could just tell me I no longer qualify for any of the incentives and hold my truck hostage(not that I think they would.) But my base expectation would be for the dealer to tell me the private cash is not eligible(if it comes out of their pocket, anyway.)

I'll update once I get the new incentive information and confirm whether the dealer will take the coupon.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:30 PM

Update: I talked to the dealer today and they said that they would accept the Private Cash coupon in addition to all incentives at the time of delivery. This is pretty nice, considering that I negotiated the price prior to ordering the truck, didn't get the coupon until a few weeks later, and they will honor it.

I conclude from the dealer's response that this is a factory to dealer/customer incentive that doesn't come out of the dealer's pocket, so they don't mind giving it to you on top of their best price.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:44 PM

Well I tried to use a 750 private cash coupon on my new truck I purchased last weekend but they wouldnt let me because it was listed under my mothers address instead of mine. I told them it was b/s because it was still listed under my name and even the coupon doesnt say anything about having to be the physical address.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:53 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Jeri, Read the fine print on the coupon. Somewhere it states that it can only be transferred to someone in the same household. The address on the certificate has to match the address on the deal.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by eric70634
Jeri, Read the fine print on the coupon. Somewhere it states that it can only be transferred to someone in the same household. The address on the certificate has to match the address on the deal.
That should be easy to fix. Temporarily move in with your mom. That then is your physical address and it matches the coupon. Problem solved. After the deal (maybe even same day) you move out and back into your place.

Quick Reply: Ford Private Cash questions and how to get yours