Ford plug and play 2 way remote start key fob programming steps
Im doing this write up cuz this drove me nuts trying to figure out and couldnt find much about it. This should work on other year F150's 09-up, I did it on a 2011 Ford F150 Lariat Limited. The unit is fords bi-directional plug and play remote starter ( yes this truck was factory equipped with a remote start as well, now I have 2, the 2 way has better range and its 2 way) part number BT4Z-19G364-A, Key fob part number 9G1J-15K601-AA. This unit was super easy to install, took about 10-15min to do and no dealer required (video on youtube that shows this install), only becasue truck came already equipped if yours didnt you will require dealer assistance. Any ways, point of all this, my starter key fob quit sending the 2 way confirmation and ford did warrant it and give me a new one how ever the programming instructions are vague to say the least so I am going to clarify for those that may be or become in the same situation.
1. Open your drivers door and enter truck, VERY IMPORTANT: DONT CLOSE THE DOOR.
2. Press and Hold brake pedal
3. Insert Key and Turn on then off 6 times, ending in the on position.( DO THIS AS FAST AS YOU CAN) the on position being the position right before start. If done correctly the horn will chirp 3 times fast (STILL HOLD THE BRAKE PEDDAL)
4. Press the start button on the new key fob durring the 3 chirps from the horn, very short window. The horn will chirp again when you do this.
5. Take foot off brake peddal and remove key, your done.
This is what worked for me, the key fob is a 2 button fob, one for start the other is a red panic/locator button. Hope this helps someone in the future.
Last edited by dallas150; 12-20-2012 at 12:25 AM.