You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Ford plug and play 2 way remote start key fob programming steps
Im doing this write up cuz this drove me nuts trying to figure out and couldnt find much about it. This should work on other year F150's 09-up, I did it on a 2011 Ford F150 Lariat Limited. The unit is fords bi-directional plug and play remote starter ( yes this truck was factory equipped with a remote start as well, now I have 2, the 2 way has better range and its 2 way) part number BT4Z-19G364-A, Key fob part number 9G1J-15K601-AA. This unit was super easy to install, took about 10-15min to do and no dealer required (video on youtube that shows this install), only becasue truck came already equipped if yours didnt you will require dealer assistance. Any ways, point of all this, my starter key fob quit sending the 2 way confirmation and ford did warrant it and give me a new one how ever the programming instructions are vague to say the least so I am going to clarify for those that may be or become in the same situation.
1. Open your drivers door and enter truck, VERY IMPORTANT: DONT CLOSE THE DOOR.
2. Press and Hold brake pedal
3. Insert Key and Turn on then off 6 times, ending in the on position.( DO THIS AS FAST AS YOU CAN) the on position being the position right before start. If done correctly the horn will chirp 3 times fast (STILL HOLD THE BRAKE PEDDAL)
4. Press the start button on the new key fob durring the 3 chirps from the horn, very short window. The horn will chirp again when you do this.
5. Take foot off brake peddal and remove key, your done.
This is what worked for me, the key fob is a 2 button fob, one for start the other is a red panic/locator button. Hope this helps someone in the future.
Last edited by dallas150; 12-19-2012 at 11:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallas150 For This Useful Post:
The procedure for the 2013 F-150 Platinum is slightly different. The above sequence de-activates the power running boards.
The FOB works out of the box except for the red Panic/Car Finder button.
I installed the BT4Z-19G354-A Bi-Directional remote on a 2013 F-150 Platinum that came with the 100 series remote (300' range) installed from the factory. I plugged it in and it worked! NO dealer activation required. If remote start is listed as a menu option the bi-directional remote will work. I can start the truck with the key remote and the FOB. The only button I had to program was the red Panic/Car Finder button.
To program the Panic/Car finder button:
Ensure the brake pedal is not depressed during this sequence.
1. Press the vehicles unlock button located on the drivers door, make sure the doors are unlocked.
2. Put the key in the ignition.
3. Cycle eight times rapidly (within 10 seconds) between the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position and 3 (ON).
- The eighth turn must end in the 3 (ON) position. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been activated.
4. Wait for 10 seconds and the Remote Start Module will program itself to the system.
- After 20 seconds you will automatically exit the programming mode. The doors will lock, then unlock to confirm that the programming mode has been exited.
5. Press an release the Panic/Car Finder button on the Remote Start key fob to confirm that the button has been programmed. The vehicle should honk 4 - 6 times when the red button is momentarily pressed and continuously if the button is pressed for several seconds.
2013 Ruby Red Platinum EcoBoost, 6 1/2' bed with side steps, Tailgate Step, Rhino Lining, Auto Tailgate Lock (Locks and Unlocks with Driver Side Door Lock), My Touch Lockpick 2 and Front Facing Camera, Bi-Directional Remote Start.
Last edited by sahrents; 01-20-2014 at 11:04 AM.