Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ford Engineering

I just feel the need to say...Kudos to Ford engineering on these new trucks. I crawled under my 2010 Lariat SCrew for the first time today to perform my first oil change and tire rotation. I was absolutely impressed with the "beefiness" of all components. Was I surprised....no, but impressed.

And I am amazed that they have that little drip tray funnel thingy under the oil filter to keep the oil off the frame and front end components, etc. Every other vehicle I have owned always spewed oil all over when the filter was removed.

Very impressive vehicles we have gent's.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojoey

I just feel the need to say...Kudos to Ford engineering on these new trucks. I crawled under my 2010 Lariat SCrew for the first time today to perform my first oil change and tire rotation. I was absolutely impressed with the "beefiness" of all components. Was I surprised....no, but impressed.

And I am amazed that they have that little drip tray funnel thingy under the oil filter to keep the oil off the frame and front end components, etc. Every other vehicle I have owned always spewed oil all over when the filter was removed.

Very impressive vehicles we have gent's.
Glad to hear others are as pleased as I am. These trucks probably aren't perfect (lock out 6th when towing would be nice) but overall very impressive trucks..
Old 06-08-2010, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could not agree with you more. I've owned a lot of vehicles, but never a truck. First off, I don't know how I lived without a truck and secondly I am glad I did my research and bought a Ford. This truck is awesome. From build quality to comfort/simple refinement, Ford hit every note right on.

Although I think it is unfortunate Ford sold off Volvo, I know the engineers at Ford took advantage of Volvo's great safety features. One noticeble safety feature from Volvo are the headrests some F150 owners don't care for. I believe Ford has the highest safety ratings in the truck arena.

I love my F150
Old 06-09-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Justi
Glad to hear others are as pleased as I am. These trucks probably aren't perfect (lock out 6th when towing would be nice) but overall very impressive trucks..
That is what the tow/haul switch is for.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Vehicle Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I owned a Tundra before this truck. I drove them all, read and re read everything and decided to go with the F150.... best decision I ever made! the Tundra 5.7 was bad azz.... when it was working.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:06 PM

Received 180 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberJeff
That is what the tow/haul switch is for.
Not on these new ones. Tow haul doesn't lock out OD

just changes the shift points a bit
Old 06-09-2010, 08:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

x2. I wish it locked out 6th but alas it does not. Towing my 6k lb trailer on a long trip in 2 months, I'll find out then if it's a HUGE issue or not, for now it's just weird. Definitely love my truck and damn near everything about it though!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by ji603
Not on these new ones. Tow haul doesn't lock out OD

just changes the shift points a bit
That doesn't compute! Why wouldn't it disengage overdrive????
Old 06-09-2010, 10:50 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberJeff
That doesn't compute! Why wouldn't it disengage overdrive????
Because it's not necessary. 6th gear is just another gear and there is absolutely nothing wrong with using it while towing. If it turns out to be too high of a gear because of a hill or head wind... it will shift accordingly. It's designed to shift to the required gear, and that's that. It's an automatic transmission.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by ftrucktough
Because it's not necessary. 6th gear is just another gear and there is absolutely nothing wrong with using it while towing. If it turns out to be too high of a gear because of a hill or head wind... it will shift accordingly. It's designed to shift to the required gear, and that's that. It's an automatic transmission.
Now it computes!

Quick Reply: Ford Engineering