Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
eg78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 75
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default factory unlock code 2013 FX4 Screw

Can anyone tell me where I can find the factory unlock code for the door pad on a 2013 FX4 screw?
My truck was bought new, never came with the little card, Ford wants 50$ to reset it for me, **** that! I will do it myself, but have looked at the user manual and searched the truck, cant find the factory code anywhere...

Thanks in advance!
__________________
13 FX4 5.0 SCREW | 3.73 | NAV | ROOF | OXFORD WHITE | COOPER ZEON LTZ A/T 305/50/R20 | BLACK RHINO TRAVERSE RIMS 20x8.5 | BACKFLIP F1 | K&N 63 CIA | U-GUARD 5" OVAL NERFS
eg78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Quincy, IL
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Look in your owners manual. I think you need both keys and insert/take out at certain intervals and the display will show the code.
dosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Displaying the Factory Set Code

Note: You will need to have two programmed passive anti-theft keys for
this procedure.

To display the factory set code in the information display:
1. Insert a key into the ignition and turn the ignition on for a few
seconds.
2. Turn the ignition off and remove the key.
3. Insert the second key into the ignition and turn the ignition on.
The factory set code will display for a few seconds.
Note: The code may not display until after any other warning messages
first display.
KJ Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Collierville, Tn
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 41
Thanked 98 Times in 77 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

i think it is behind the kick panel on the passenger side. 5 digit code maybe behind the glove box.
white08gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Gonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE PA
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Mine is located behind plastic kick panel at passenger side footwell. It has code on the black box with white label with large barcode and 5 digit lock code and L (ie. 12345L ).12345 would be the code in this example. HTH
__________________
2013 F150 Lariat SCREW 5.0 4X4 5.5ft bed 4.10 gears
6 inch BDS lift K&N CAI Borla Sport Catback Truxport cover
37X12.50R20 DC Fun Country 20x9.0 ARE 901s
Gonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
eg78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 75
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Tried that several times, no dice. I'll take a look around the glove box or kick board.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ Smith View Post
Displaying the Factory Set Code

Note: You will need to have two programmed passive anti-theft keys for
this procedure.

To display the factory set code in the information display:
1. Insert a key into the ignition and turn the ignition on for a few
seconds.
2. Turn the ignition off and remove the key.
3. Insert the second key into the ignition and turn the ignition on.
The factory set code will display for a few seconds.
Note: The code may not display until after any other warning messages
first display.
__________________
13 FX4 5.0 SCREW | 3.73 | NAV | ROOF | OXFORD WHITE | COOPER ZEON LTZ A/T 305/50/R20 | BLACK RHINO TRAVERSE RIMS 20x8.5 | BACKFLIP F1 | K&N 63 CIA | U-GUARD 5" OVAL NERFS
eg78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 90
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sigma pi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkey View Post
Mine is located behind plastic kick panel at passenger side footwell. It has code on the black box with white label with large barcode and 5 digit lock code and L (ie. 12345L ).12345 would be the code in this example. HTH
........ now I have to go change my code



JK
sigma pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
akmedic77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South Central Alaska
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 28
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg78 View Post
Can anyone tell me where I can find the factory unlock code for the door pad on a 2013 FX4 screw? My truck was bought new, never came with the little card, Ford wants 50$ to reset it for me, **** that! I will do it myself, but have looked at the user manual and searched the truck, cant find the factory code anywhere... Thanks in advance!
If you have MFT, you can find it in the settings screen where you can add/change codes.
__________________
2013 Oxford White FX4 CCSB | EcoBoost | 402A | 3.55 | Leer Cap | Tint & Brow | Black Pinstripe | Arc Rite Brush Guard & Rigid Lighting | Cold Weather Front & Winterization
akmedic77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #9
Boost :)
 
TJPlatinumEB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 188 Times in 123 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmedic77 View Post
If you have MFT, you can find it in the settings screen where you can add/change codes.
Yes you can but in order to change or view anything on that screen, it asks for the factory code to proceed. You gotta know the factory code to do anything for it via MFT.
__________________
2013 Platinum EcoBoost SuperCrew
Ingot Silver 2WD 3.31

MPT Custom Tuned | Infinity, Kicker, AudioControl
GroundForce Shackles | Peragon M3 PTM | BedRug | LED Interior & Exterior | Raptor 3rd Light
TJPlatinumEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #10
Fleet Technician
 
Rnlcomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Orleans, La.
Posts: 6,764
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Thanks: 418
Thanked 1,072 Times in 868 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg78 View Post
Can anyone tell me where I can find the factory unlock code for the door pad on a 2013 FX4 screw?
My truck was bought new, never came with the little card, Ford wants 50$ to reset it for me, **** that! I will do it myself, but have looked at the user manual and searched the truck, cant find the factory code anywhere...

Thanks in advance!


As stated before, you need two keys, if you bought it new you should have them, put the first key in and turn to run, NOT start, wait until the video displays, (2-3 secs) take key out and insert 2nd key and turn to run, now your center cluster screen will show you what your door key pad code is.


Made a video how here's a link.




.
__________________
2013 XLT S-cab 5.0
Rnlcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rnlcomp For This Useful Post:
Anthony86 (09-12-2014)
Old 09-04-2014, 05:31 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.