Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - 2014 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

F150Lifts Aluminum Framed Grill Light Kit

Old 02-10-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
0-3" Adjustable Coilovers

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default F150Lifts Aluminum Framed Grill Light Kit

Our new Aluminum framed Grill Light Kit is now available on our website. Thanks to all you guys that have patiently waited. It is CNC cut from aluminum and then anodized in black. We add (3) Maxxima 3/4" LED lights and wire/solder it all up. The three Maxxima LEDs are 7" on center apart. These Maxxima LEDs have 3 lights inside each 3/4" light and are the best LEDs we could possibly find. They are DOT approved and carry a 5 year warranty and a 100,000 hour rating. Comes with plenty of wire harness, fuse/fuse holder to reach the passenger side light and 10' of black 1/4" split wire loom for you to tidy it up as you see fit. Also included are the zip tie mounts, zip ties. The Aluminum frame bolts to the 10mm bolt/nut that is part of the OEM grill surround. The mounting legs are slotted for up/down adjustment and also slotted for side to side adjustment. The passenger side light is easily removed for you to tap into the POS/NEG to power the GLK. The included Posi-tap connectors make the install as easy as it can be with no soldering. http://www.f150lifts.com/F150Lifts-A...Kit_p_155.html

_MG_2378 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Here they are being assembled...10 at a time.

image1 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

image2 by Alexl5280, on Flickr
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/F150Lifts

Last edited by F150Lifts.com; 02-10-2015 at 10:09 PM.
F150Lifts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:24 PM   #2
2nd Amendment Supporter!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Just ordered mine a few minutes ago from the site.
These look great & looking forward to get them!
Thanks Alex!
2013 F-150 LARIAT CREW, RUBY RED, 5.0L, 3:73 - ELSD, 6" BDS Suspension System w/Fox Racing 2.0 rear shocks, 18x9 Fuel Throttle Wheels, Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 (305/70r18), Amp Research® Powerstep, Bedstep & Bedstep 2, PTM grille surround, Banks Monster Exhaust.... Plus much more.....
lethalweapon_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lethalweapon_09 For This Useful Post:
F150Lifts.com (02-10-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 10:44 PM   #3

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Looks good Alex!

F150lifts.com BOSS. RAS. BDukes55 Embroidered. Rigid DOT Dually fogs - SRM backups. CBIs in OEM HIDs.
Kicker Subgate. 35% fronts. Bedrug. Truxedo Edge. EZ Down.
MCDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MCDavis For This Useful Post:
F150Lifts.com (02-10-2015)
Old 02-11-2015, 08:13 AM   #4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Ordered mine last night
Chino86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #5

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Curious how these will work with the c-clamp style grill's that have the vertical bar dead center. I modified the old style kit to work, but not sure about this one.
Matt_RTR_FX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:23 AM   #6

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Can they come in white leds?
eric70634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:42 AM   #7

Got mine ordered. I can't wait to see just how easy this is going to be. Thanks for the assembled product and the pricing. It really didn't seem that bad to me. The discounted price was a nice surprise.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150Lifts.com
Not sure yet.......We could put all the parts in the box with instructions...but then that would require the ability to solder. We are not sure this is a good idea, I am sure a lot of you know how to solder, but then a lot don't know how, but that is what it would take if we tossed all the parts in a box.

I asked mods to close this thread as this is the end of the original GLK you can find our new Aluminum Frame Grill Light Kit thread here: http://www.f150forum.com/f38/f150lif...ht-kit-289181/
Continuing our conversations from the previous thread...

That's fair. When we last talked about it, I didn't realize it would require soldering. I'd just buy the assembled one.
caniscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #9

Alex,
You mentioned previously that this kit hooks up to the running lights. I have a 2013 with the daytime running lights turned on.
Will the lights on this kit be on when the daytime running lights are on AND when the headlights are on at night?

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2015, 08:47 PM   #10
0-3" Adjustable Coilovers

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

^ Yes I believe so. They can be wired however you want to wire them. With our truck we tapped the pos/neg behind the passenger light. They are live if the running lights or headlights are on. They also go on if you open the door during the day for about 10 secs then shut off on their own.

All orders from yesterday were all built and assembled this morning. We were hoping UPS would deliver the wire loom...they did...but not until after Fed Ex had picked up from us. Needless to say, the Grill Light Kits will have to go out tomorrow, everyone will get tracking numbers in the morning-mid day. Sorry guys.

Alex

Posted for Reference:

F150Lifts Grill Light Kit - Install Tips

STEP 1 - PREPARATION:
Bolt mounting legs to center light bar using included (4) button bolts/nuts
Center on light bar and snug nuts. The two slots, side by side mount to the light bar. When looking at them from the front of the light bar The mounting legs go behind the light bar with the Leg Mount tapers/bends going away from you. Mounting legs are slotted for up/down and side to side adjustment.

STEP 2 - Attaching Light Bar:
Open the hood and look up. Remove the two 10mm nuts from the grill surround and place mounting legs with vertical slots on bolt, replace 10mm nut and snug but not all the way tight yet.

STEP 3 - :
Making sure the harness is not in the way, close the hood and check if light bar is in the correct position. If not adjust with slotted mounting legs. Then tighten the nuts tight.

STEP 4 - FINAL INSTALLATION:
With the hood open, run the harness back on the hood and under the OEM hood insulation. You will have to remove the plastics insulation keepers and then replace them. Run the harness along the passenger side fender inside the engine compartment towards the passenger side light. Remove the passenger side light. Zip ties and mounts are included to help keep things tidy. With the included Posi-Tap connectors attach the red (positive) and black (negative) LED harness ends to the running light positive and neutral. Again, the LED red end goes to the Positive and the black goes to the Neutral or Negative. On our truck the Positive on the running light was yellow with a green stripe and the Neutral was the green wire.* Replace your passenger side light. We included two red inline connectors should you want to shorten the harness. If you don’t need to shorten anything, you won’t need the two red connectors, use them for something else or toss them. We also included 1/4” black split wire loom in order for you to add it as you see fit for a professional looking installation. A zip tie will clamp down on the wire loom and hold it in place. If you get stuck or need additional help, give our Tech Support a call 303 518-2114.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/F150Lifts

Last edited by F150Lifts.com; 02-16-2015 at 08:06 PM.
F150Lifts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:47 PM