Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty now offered by USAA - Half the cost of Ford's

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Extended Warranty now offered by USAA - Half the cost of Ford's

I did not and was not going to buy the Ford extend warranty or ESP mainly because I didn't want to pay more than $1,000 for it.

Anyhow....I called USAA to refinance my loan and pay off the Ford Credit (only did it with them for the $1,000 rebate). In conversation they mentioned that they just started offering an extended warranty that is equal to or better than Ford's.

They have several options, and cost but it seems like a great deal. I got the comprehensive plan, covers everything bumper to bumper for 60 mos or 100,000 miles. No deductible, you can take it anywhere for repair, includes roadside assistance, some plan that if you are more than 100 miles from home they will get you food, lodging and a rental car all for $873. Or they have a 72 mos/75,000 mi for $790. Then they had a "wrap" plan that does not cover engine and/or drivetrain I think 5yr/60,000 mi for about $470.

The gal used to sell these for GMAC and claimed it was a great deal comparatively. As a member for 28 years I'd expect nothing less from USAA.

If you go to usaa.com and enter EVP in the search window you can do some extra reading. It's not with USAA, a third party just like most.

Just thought I'd mention it to those that plan on financing or refinancing through USAA.

Question for everyone though.....when I called back today to lock it in (had to sleep on it) the guy mentioned that some manufactures will refund part or all of the factory warranty, then I would just use this. We don't pay for the original Ford warranty do we? The 3 yr/36k or whatever it is?
Old 08-11-2010, 02:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the info
Old 08-11-2010, 07:18 PM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

I did the same thing last night. Didnt think to post it here though - Great initiative on your part!!

I am unsure on the 3/36... never entered my mind ... until now.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:44 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hye guys and gals,

I have been AWOL and have posted in a while, but glad to be back. I'm once again in the market for a new F150 (as someone bought my precious and made me an offer I couldn't refuse!), but can you fill me in on what you mean by possibly getting a refund on the standard Ford warranty if I decide to get an extended warranty through a third party? Am I understanding what you said, or am I totally off the wall?

Thanks all!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:16 PM

Do you have to be a member with USAA to take advantage of the deal?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 50Ford500
Do you have to be a member with USAA to take advantage of the deal?

yes and a member of the armed forces or retired from military
Old 08-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Vehicle Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

partly true. USAA has opened their services up to many more. "Others" can take advantage of discounts, banking and a few other things now.... to find out go to: https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/...s_usaa_for_you

I have been a USAA member for 15 years... there is no better company. multiple claims and they even lawyered up for me in a $300k lawsuit... in the end I paid nothing and my rates have NEVER gone up
Old 12-09-2010, 11:35 PM

Hello everyone, just in case anyone was still wondering, you do not receive a refund for the original manufacturer warranty (on any make and model) if you refinance the vehicle. The manufacturer warranty, mostly 3 year/36k miles, comes at no additional cost and you actually still have it even if you refinance the vehicle.

You may be entitled to a refund if you purchased an extended warranty or service plan from the dealer like Ford's ESP plan.

USAA's EVP product is only available within the loan but soon (very soon) it will be available to obtain without a loan or even an insurance policy.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty now offered by USAA - Half the cost of Ford's