Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 04:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhausts

I also would like to get an exhaust for my FX4 Supercrew 6.2L, I'm thinking about a dual exhaust but haven't been able to find any as of yet for the 6.2L. I was also thinking about a side exit before the wheel exhaust, any recommendations on which one is better and where I could find one for my specific truck that's bolt-on?
Old 12-01-2015, 04:45 AM
Better OUT then IN

Received 253 Likes on 206 Posts

Default Exhausts

I had the 5.0L in my last F-150 with Magnaflow dual exhaust and the drone drove me nuts.

After a highway trip, my ears would ring. My new 2014 F-150 will not be getting an exhaust.

My point is, with the 6.2L, you need to be careful with your choice.

Last edited by justjimmy; 12-01-2015 at 04:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
RLarge77 (12-01-2015)
Old 12-01-2015, 05:16 AM

Thanks man, I definitely don't want anything too loud, just a little bit of rumble.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:38 AM
OSD

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RLarge77
I also would like to get an exhaust for my FX4 Supercrew 6.2L, I'm thinking about a dual exhaust but haven't been able to find any as of yet for the 6.2L. I was also thinking about a side exit before the wheel exhaust, any recommendations on which one is better and where I could find one for my specific truck that's bolt-on?
Go to a local exhaust shop and talk to them about what you want. I've done this with both of my 5.0 F150s. Both have had 2.5 inch (plenty for 5.0) cat back dual Magnaflow, with X-pipe, side exit, both sides, behind wheels, flat black powder coated tips, $700. I love the sound, but I do have some drone. You get used to it (I've got over 20K mi. in the past 6 months), and there is always the stereo. If you think the drone will be too much you might see about leaving the resonators in place. That's the beauty of custom work, you have more choices.
RLarge77 (12-02-2015)
Old 12-01-2015, 08:37 AM

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

I am on my second truck with a 6.2l , and have not found any exhaust thats a true dual without upgrading to custom headers.However, thats not to say its impossible. There is some great info on youtube so check that out. I have had Borla's S-type catback system, which is a single in/duel out. That has a nice rumble with little or no drone. also have had the Roush system which is quite louder, but then again it has some drone but bearable. The 6.2 is a beast of an engine and the sound of an upgraded exhaust will make it tough to keep your foot of the gas pedal.heres a clip. Note:not my truck

The following 2 users liked this post by Steelhead 6.2:
RLarge77 (12-02-2015), Will Robinson (02-06-2016)
Old 12-01-2015, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by OSD
Go to a local exhaust shop and talk to them about what you want. I've done this with both of my 5.0 F150s. Both have had 2.5 inch (plenty for 5.0) cat back dual Magnaflow, with X-pipe, side exit, both sides, behind wheels, flat black powder coated tips, $700. I love the sound, but I do have some drone. You get used to it (I've got over 20K mi. in the past 6 months), and there is always the stereo. If you think the drone will be too much you might see about leaving the resonators in place. That's the beauty of custom work, you have more choices.
Thanks man
Old 12-01-2015, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Steelhead 6.2
I am on my second truck with a 6.2l , and have not found any exhaust thats a true dual without upgrading to custom headers.However, thats not to say its impossible. There is some great info on youtube so check that out. I have had Borla's S-type catback system, which is a single in/duel out. That has a nice rumble with little or no drone. also have had the Roush system which is quite louder, but then again it has some drone but bearable. The 6.2 is a beast of an engine and the sound of an upgraded exhaust will make it tough to keep your foot of the gas pedal.heres a clip. Note:not my truck

2012 Ford F150 6.2L headers and exhaust - YouTube
I appreciate it man, that's pretty freakin sweet sounding, maybe a little loud for everyday driving.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:30 AM

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Awesome! another 6.2L guy! On my 06, 5.4L I put on a borla cat back. Amazing amazing sound! The best part absolutely stock sounding when cruising on the highway. But when you got on it, it sounded just great. Very impressed with the system. The previous owner had welded on just a flowmaster 40 series. Drone drone drone on the highway or any time around 1700-2100 rpm.

The borla's sound was much deeper and more aggressive, like a good tuned sound when you were on the throttle, the more you pushed it the better, (read, deeper louder) it sounded. But on the highway or cruising around town it was as quite as stock.

If I get around to putting on a catback again for my 11 6.2 L it will be no choice involved, Borla 100%

The best thing I have read you can get for our trucks is a 5 star tune
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/701...ar-Tuning.html
RLarge77 (12-02-2015)
Old 12-01-2015, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by wolfy53
Awesome! another 6.2L guy! On my 06, 5.4L I put on a borla cat back. Amazing amazing sound! The best part absolutely stock sounding when cruising on the highway. But when you got on it, it sounded just great. Very impressed with the system. The previous owner had welded on just a flowmaster 40 series. Drone drone drone on the highway or any time around 1700-2100 rpm.

The borla's sound was much deeper and more aggressive, like a good tuned sound when you were on the throttle, the more you pushed it the better, (read, deeper louder) it sounded. But on the highway or cruising around town it was as quite as stock.

If I get around to putting on a catback again for my 11 6.2 L it will be no choice involved, Borla 100%

The best thing I have read you can get for our trucks is a 5 star tune
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/701...ar-Tuning.html
That's awesome man, thanks.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:40 PM

Received 135 Likes on 122 Posts

I'm delighted with the complete OEM Raptor take-off system (cat-pipe flange to dual tips) on mine. Very nice tone, yet no highway drone with Leer topper over the bed nor while towing. Factor those two aspects if you'll use your truck other than for around town driving. Clean low mileage OEM Raptor systems are becoming increasingly difficult to find. I resorted to placing a "WTB" Craigslist ad before finally getting the hit on an as-new system I hoped for. Using Search Tempest nationwide just now flushed out less than 10 - in various condition and completeness (most looking high mileage and/or hacked up). As its said, "your mileage (and ears) may vary" vs aftermarket...
RLarge77 (12-02-2015)

Quick Reply: Exhausts