Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

error code p2272

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 12:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default error code p2272

I'm trying not to overreact but my new f150 has 150 miles on it and service engine light came on. Used my buddies code reader and code p2272 came up which is 02 sensor. I realize its under warrenty but can I erase the code (which i suspect will be the dealer's first act) and continue to drive? Is erasing the code the same as resetting? I don't want to erase the code and continue to drive with the same problem simply "ignored". Your thoughts?
Old 03-21-2009, 01:03 PM
3wV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is sort of the SAE coding for p2xxx stands for the 'fuel-metering" section of Fuel Injection. Your code reader should have a rest button to clear a code. I mean, some readers have that ability. Did he scroll the program for a code clear?
Here is the deal... Just like if you remove the gas cap to fill up and the CEL comes on. If you just close the cap, the CEL reads the parameters in a few seconds, removes the CEL because it knows to set it and it knows to shut it off.

Therefore, you clear a code or install a new ECM >> If that code is still messing with the 02, she is going to code the new box. So, if that code comes back on in a few seconds, no you did not address said failure. The code is reset, you went after the many variables that are tied-in to the 02 section of FI [which is huge pick a wire].

When you turn the key on, it has a memory to start the car up at the good last known signal. So as she warms up and plots the morning map rich and all that 02 keeping you from running over rich, that light should be out by now.

For example, I could pull something off like an injector off a cylinder. It would set a code. If I snapped it back on and the crank comes around to read that cylinder? With the new found 0 to 5v back to the injector, will the cylinder re fire and the code disappear is try it.

Back to the 02... Watt did you modify or caused the 02 to come on? Think of the last event if any? If not, then have the dealer know under warranty. There might be a bulletin on such an event.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:30 PM

I think I follow you. Should I just erase the code or not? I don't want to drive the truck if there is a problem and I simply erased the warning to me.

I did nothing other than start the truck. I have only put 150 miles on the truck, still on the first half of the first tank of gas.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:35 PM

Went to Ford dealer today. They don't know what caused the 02 sensor to flip. They erased the fault (as I could have done) and I'm trucking on down the road. Hopefully this will be my last update on this post.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:05 PM

50 miles later and service engine soon light is back on. I have another appointment in 4 days. I spoke with service rep and he says he will have sensors on hand to change. I'll keep everyone posted
Old 03-27-2009, 04:40 PM

Dealer replaced ERG valve or 02 sensor. Light is off for now.....

Quick Reply: error code p2272