Ecoboost.. Exhaust - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Ecoboost.. Exhaust

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Rufeoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 413
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Ecoboost.. Exhaust

After watching several videos and reading a few posts about the ecoboost equiped f150, what muffler or exhaust system would give it alittle more of a deeper tone, perhaps even some rumble?
Rufeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
in the house
 
bajaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,121
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Not sure if there IS one. The turbos tend to kill the rumble. I've owned a lot of turbo cars and....they are just TOO quiet for the most part....and tend to sound...weird...if you mod the exhaust. At least on piston engine cars.
bajaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 38
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

I drove one last night. I have to say, I have had many loud exhausts on Trucks and muscle cars, but I preferred the sound of the turbos spooling over the loud exhaust.

IMO adding an exhaust or trying to make the truck loud would not allow you to hear the sweet turbos churning!

The truck was quick. It was snowing out - probably 1-2 inches on the ground. Put it in 4wd high and it ripped around a corner and up a hill with no slip or hesitation what so ever! Very impressive.
TommyObenauf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Rufeoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 413
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaman
Not sure if there IS one. The turbos tend to kill the rumble. I've owned a lot of turbo cars and....they are just TOO quiet for the most part....and tend to sound...weird...if you mod the exhaust. At least on piston engine cars.
Hmm I'm not very familiar with how greatly the turbos effect the exhaust, but I suppose id take the turbos spooling up instead ha sounds cool.
Rufeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Rufeoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 413
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

On one note however, I recall many f250s roaring down the road with aftermarket exhaust. Those have a turbo correct? Or is it that they have such a larger engine that it really doesn't matter
Rufeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
F-4g63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyObenauf
I drove one last night. I have to say, I have had many loud exhausts on Trucks and muscle cars, but I preferred the sound of the turbos spooling over the loud exhaust.

IMO adding an exhaust or trying to make the truck loud would not allow you to hear the sweet turbos churning!

The truck was quick. It was snowing out - probably 1-2 inches on the ground. Put it in 4wd high and it ripped around a corner and up a hill with no slip or hesitation what so ever! Very impressive.
U should be able to hear the turbine housing..... thru the exhaust.....
F-4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #7
Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

With exhaust the turbo spooling may be louder.
sgtslaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

heres one with exhaust

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FKT9y2NEX9k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by cm351f; 02-11-2011 at 07:26 PM.
cm351f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Downeast_auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 392
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm351f
heres one with exhaust

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FKT9y2NEX9k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
FTMFW!

There it is, ecoboost decided.
Downeast_auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #10
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Rufeoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 413
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Obviously that thing is heavily modified, probably different waste gates and such. Ha believe me id definitely try and make it sound like that
Rufeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Northeast: Traded 2011 F-150 - Multiple Parts for Sale PARay5.0 2009 - 2014 Part Sales 24 02-01-2016 09:14 PM
Vct? Phasers? Exhaust leak? cornfed89 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 8 01-29-2016 07:03 PM
Coffee can removal RockyF150 1987 - 1996 F150 12 12-04-2015 01:24 PM
Livernois Motorsport Tune on 2015 F150 Ecoboost Platinum uscsig51 2015 - Present Ford F150 9 10-08-2015 05:21 PM
Help!! 09 f150 exhaust/tensioner noise??? Ndburli Engine / Drivetrain Talk 3 09-27-2015 07:08 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com