Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ecoboost badge on tailgate

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 06:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ecoboost badge on tailgate

I've seen some threads about the Ecoboost badge and how some members have considered putting an Ecoboost badge on their tailgate but I haven't seen any images of how it looks.

I went ahead and got a badge and it arrived today so I put it on and am submitting a few images for viewing. I wanted it to look 'factory' so I put it at the same level as the side badges and mounted it about 1.5" in from the side of the tailgate to help balance out the KR-F150 badge on the upper left of the tailgate. I measured, then put on some of that blue painters tape to identify the area, then measured up from the bottom of the tailgate in several places to ensure I got the emblem level with the lines of the tailgate.

I think it looks pretty good although I have read that some folks hate the badge and have removed them from their trucks. I guess all the different likes/dislikes of how our trucks should look to us is what really counts. At least we all had the good sense to get the 'best' truck available!

I'm at about 2 months with my 2014 KR and still am quite pleased with it. The MPG is steadily increasing and I'm averaging about 18.5 overall. I've gotten as high as 19.6mpg on a 15 mile stretch but that dropped on the way home as I used the boost on several occasions to move around some slower vehicles.

There have been numerous threads about issues (leaking rear 3rd brake light, failing rear window/defroster, weak A/C, trans problems, ecoboost problems, among many others. I had referenced this site for many months before jumping in on my 2014 hoping I got a 'good one'. I would imagine that with all the F-150's that Ford sells each year the percentage of those with issues are few. Only time will tell I guess.

Until then, I'll enjoy the quiet, comfortable ride (for a truck) and the ability to get going in a hurry when the situation warrants.

Regards -

MickieMac
Attached Thumbnails Ecoboost badge on tailgate-eb-badge-2.jpg   Ecoboost badge on tailgate-eb-badge-3.jpg  
Old 09-25-2014, 06:50 PM
TTV6>V8

Received 280 Likes on 194 Posts

It would have been easy to figure out how it looks. Any truck that has the Appearance package and an EB will have the badge on the tailgate.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:09 PM

Received 328 Likes on 242 Posts

it fits in the indent on the tailgate so you can be at the same level as the F150 badge.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:12 PM

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts

Good looking truck.
Do keep in mind that most owners never bother to get on the internet unless they have an issue to complain about. There are thousands of trouble free trucks on the road. Don't worry about it and enjoy.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:15 PM

Received 328 Likes on 242 Posts

Here is a pic

Old 09-25-2014, 07:46 PM

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

mine is the same as above, except I spaced it the same as the f150 from the edge, I deleted the badges from doors.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:54 PM

Thanks for the image reference on the placement of the Ecoboost badge on your truck. I've only seen non-Ecoboost trucks with the Flex Fuel badge in the same location as where I placed my badge. The badge is already affixed and I am pleased with where it is although where your badge is looks good too.

I'm not aware of any 'appearance package' for the King Ranch unless that's something that is offered by dealers based on a particular region of the country.

Regardless of the placement of the emblem, it's a great truck with a great engine and I hope to enjoy it for many years to come.

Regards -

Mickiemac
Old 09-27-2014, 07:02 AM

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts

Appearance package is for fx4.
Hockey stick vinyl on sides and hood.
Red f-150 emblems.
Painted black grill.
etc
Old 09-27-2014, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by fordtruckman2003
Appearance package is for fx4.
Hockey stick vinyl on sides and hood.
Red f-150 emblems.
Painted black grill.
etc

Thanks for the info on the Appearance package. As I was only interested in the King Ranch the packages they had were: Luxury Package (which I have) a Chrome Package and a Monochrome (paint) package which is combined with the Chrome Package (I think).

I have since looked around and found some other images of the badge on the tailgate and found them in many locations besides where I put mine. Those horizontal indents running across the tailgate have a somewhat convex surface (not flat) so the badge, which is flat and not contoured to fit that area may not affix properly. Of course that's a moot point as the badge is now in place.

Regards -

Mickiemac
Old 09-27-2014, 09:20 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cerhai
mine is the same as above, except I spaced it the same as the f150 from the edge, I deleted the badges from doors.
I'm liking this EB badge just on the tailgate and not the doors. Good idea.

[MENTION=112375]cerhai[/MENTION] - can you please briefly describe how to get the badges on the doors off without issues? I am hoping there are no holes underneath and that it is just a sticky tape mount from the factory. I have a 2014 EB Lariat - thanks!

Quick Reply: Ecoboost badge on tailgate