Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defective windshield 2010 F150 King Ranch

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Defective windshield 2010 F150 King Ranch

I just bought my truck a few days ago. I don't even have 300 miles on it yet. Today when I was washing it I noticed a couple of defects on or in the windshield. On the passenger side about 5 and 8 inches from the top and just inside the black outline the are two places. They appear to be inside the windshield. The defects are blurry looking lines that are about a 1/4 inch wide and run horizontal in toward the center of the windshield then turn in almost a perfect 90 degree angle toward the top of the windshield. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Looking at the outside edge of the windshield it looks like the windshields are two pieces that are glued together. Is that correct? I'm not sure I want to have this fixed. It's not very noticeable. I'm a little concerned since it is a defect of some kind that it may get worse this summer. What does everyone think? I'd sure hate to have to have a new windshield put in my truck with less than 300 miles on it!
Old 03-06-2010, 05:29 PM
2010 SC Lariat

The windshield is laminated glass, so it is 2 parts bonded together, with plastic in the middle. If it bugs you, call the dealer and see what they say?
Old 03-06-2010, 08:46 PM

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Maybe the plastic laminate between the glass wasn't perfectly placed?

Does it show upon a glance?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:00 PM

It's more noticeable looking at it from an angle. I could live with it. I'm just concerned that this summer when it starts getting hot that it may get worse. I've heard of many windshields with small defects that crack with extreme temperatures. I guess I'll talk to the dealer and see what they suggest. Even if they don't replace it know they will no about it if it does get worse this summer.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:42 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

This may sound stupid but Ford puts a sticker on the inside of the windshield when it leaves the factory about where you say the marks are. I would try and get some cleaner and see if it can be removed.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely take it to the dealer to have them check it out. While there, check the other trucks on the lot to see if it is on them also. Should set your mind at ease either way. I'll check mine tomorrow when I wash it.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by goose2
This may sound stupid but Ford puts a sticker on the inside of the windshield when it leaves the factory about where you say the marks are. I would try and get some cleaner and see if it can be removed.
It is not sticker residue. I cleaned both inside and out. You can't feel it at all. It is inside the glass. I'll update when I take it to the dealer(not in any hurry).
Old 03-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Let the Fun Begin

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

You're not going crazy! My new 2010 FX4 has almost the same thing. I had a friend sitting in the back seat ask me if i knew my widshiled had waves. I was like...what?? Well he was right. If i lower my head and look through the windshield from a lower angle I can see a distorted/wavey area which is about 7 inches up from the bottom and about 6 inches from center to the right. I can also see it sometimes from outside the truck if you catch it at a certain angle. It's not really that noticable unless your "super picky" about your truck. I might wait a year or two before i decide to tell the dealer about it. this way if there are any chips or anything i'll be getting a new widshield. i find it funny though that now there are 2 ppl with this.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:30 AM

I feel like a bonehead. This was some king of glue or something. It was not sticker residue. I had cleaned inside and out with alcohol and it did not phase it. Took it to the dealer and now it is gone. It took something a lot stronger than alcohol to get it off.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:57 PM

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

When I am sitting in the drivers seat and look toward the passenger side of the winshield I see a small wave in the glass. It is not terrible but it is there. I definitely don't want a new windshield installed. I can live with this.

Quick Reply: Defective windshield 2010 F150 King Ranch