Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer offer

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 07:13 PM

Received 47 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dealer offer

Got a letter in the mail today from the dealer where I bought my '14 SCREW. Letter said that they are having trouble finding "well cared for" used 2014 F150's and wanted to buy mine. Letter also had a check attached in the amount of 900 dollars that would be over and above the buy back offer. Smells like a BS marketing ploy to me. Anyone else gotten a similar letter? Anyway, I aint selling so it's a moot point.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:29 PM
Sarge

Received 1,639 Likes on 794 Posts

A local dealer here will do similar flyers in the mail. The guy down the block who bought his 13 Fusion from that dealer probably got the same letter.

Also $900 over their low ball trade in offer is still a low ball offer. If you're ready to trade use it as a negotiation tool, otherwise throw it in the trash like I do with all the similar junk mail.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:32 PM

Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

A lot of dealers do this, they just want to get your used truck to sell for a tidy profit and put you in a new truck.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:37 PM

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Mine here in socal sends one a month lol
Old 09-15-2015, 08:09 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

Default Dealer offer

Mine did the same with my 2012, I left in my 2014 with lower payments after 3 hours of negotiating. Sometimes you can win
Old 09-15-2015, 09:14 PM

Received 31 Likes on 7 Posts

I work at a dealer in GA and can tell you that nice used trucks will bring a premium on trade
Old 09-16-2015, 08:26 AM

Received 136 Likes on 119 Posts

We get this BS all the time. There is certainly no shortage of used cars/trucks out there. But a dealer can only have so many new cars on the lot. Ford and the banks that own the cars will limit what they can put on the lot. Used cars is a different matter. Since there are 10 used car lots for every new car store the out for used cars is very easy. But until the dealer can get you to take a new car he can't get any more and his deal is selling the latest and greatest. He gets you to bring in the used and you leave with a new...he gets a new model from Ford. Oh yeah the used one you brought it...auction or wholesale...dealer wins again.
We get fliers all the time asking for my gf's 2011 Nissan Rogue..."We need your Nissan Rogue, a shortage of 2011 Nissan Rogues has caused us to offer above premium deals on YOUR Nissan Rogue. Stop in today and let us give you a premium deal and take home a NEW Nissan Rogue." LOL Losers...she got rid of that piece of junk 6 months after she bought it. It's been gone nearly 4 years and we still get this crap. Now I never said the ppl that run dealers are very smart...but they just have to have 1 IQ point more than the general public to survive.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:50 AM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

Default Dealer offer

Originally Posted by RogueGT
We get this BS all the time. There is certainly no shortage of used cars/trucks out there. But a dealer can only have so many new cars on the lot. Ford and the banks that own the cars will limit what they can put on the lot. Used cars is a different matter. Since there are 10 used car lots for every new car store the out for used cars is very easy. But until the dealer can get you to take a new car he can't get any more and his deal is selling the latest and greatest. He gets you to bring in the used and you leave with a new...he gets a new model from Ford. Oh yeah the used one you brought it...auction or wholesale...dealer wins again.
We get fliers all the time asking for my gf's 2011 Nissan Rogue..."We need your Nissan Rogue, a shortage of 2011 Nissan Rogues has caused us to offer above premium deals on YOUR Nissan Rogue. Stop in today and let us give you a premium deal and take home a NEW Nissan Rogue." LOL Losers...she got rid of that piece of junk 6 months after she bought it. It's been gone nearly 4 years and we still get this crap. Now I never said the ppl that run dealers are very smart...but they just have to have 1 IQ point more than the general public to survive.
Your are mostly right, but dealers aren't limited to how many new cars they can have from the manufacturer, it all depends on the class of dealer, my used 12 sat in their yard until it sold a few months later. I'm saving 50$ a month, I'm in a new (15's weren't out yet) 2014, with a few more options then I had (appearance package) new sync layout. My 12 was a 4 year lease, after 23 months I received my letter, I signed for my 14 saving 50$ a month and only took a 2 year lease. I feel the dealer and I both won. I got a newer truck with cheaper payments, they got my clean low mileage 12. Win win
Old 09-17-2015, 09:06 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

those letters do not come from the dealer! they're sent by a marketing company. I get them all the time for a local Chevy dealer around here.

At the bottom is says "solicited by Hearst Media".

they're cleverly written to specifically make it like they need/want your vehicle, and will give TOP dollar for your trade. bla bla bla bla.

its just to get you in the dealership...........Let the haggling begin! LOL
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (09-18-2015)
Old 09-17-2015, 09:07 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Exclamation

you're typically screwed though if you're trading in a regular cab.

Originally Posted by Jeff Richter
I work at a dealer in GA and can tell you that nice used trucks will bring a premium on trade

Quick Reply: Dealer offer