Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashboard Noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 06:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dashboard Noise

I am experiencing a rattle in my dashboard on the driver side. I can't seem to make it stop by putting pressure on any part of the dash. It only happens under acceleration and seems to be a resonance issue. It seems like it is under the dash close to the a-pillar. Does anyone have a similar issue or a solution to this problem?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:33 PM

Received 98 Likes on 71 Posts

Lol, this is funny, I am so **** about cabin rattling noise. I have a 98 f150 in superb condition exterior and interior. I had a rattling noise in it. I was going nuts trying to find the source. Believe it or not the noise was coming from the glove compartment. The noise could be translating from else where. Check everywhere in the cabin, under seats, side door pockets etc. Now I did have a Mustang and my kid threw a small toy down the a/c vent and it took me forever to dic=scover that was where the noise was coming from. Good Luck man, Let me know what it was.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

I have a rub sound like a creak on the passenger side A pillar area, it only happens when cold though as soon as it warms up it goes away.

I've been to lazy to look for it, I just turn up the radio. Lol
Old 02-20-2013, 07:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had an issue with that same area.. I think. Try pulling firm but gentle on the little piece of plastic at the bottom of your gauge cluster above your steering column. Mine was squeaking constantly, until I grabbed that little piece of plastic trim and pulled it away from the clear plastic screen that covers your gauges. Try it and see if it solves your issue... unless its something different. Good Luck, nothing more annoying that squeaks and rattles. I'm currently working on my damn door rattle, and cant seem to make that one go away.

Quick Reply: Dashboard Noise