Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to F150 Forum!
Welcome to F150 Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Dash mat?

Anyone have a dash mat installed on their f150.. been debating about getting one for mine... post pictures for those that have any... any suggestions would be appreciated ...
ERod4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

For what purpose? Modern dash materials won't crack or fade like your dad's did. Dash mats are old school IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to eye.surgeon For This Useful Post:
platinum28 (04-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 02:06 AM   #3
Tommy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye.surgeon View Post
Modern dash materials won't crack....
Not true. As a former interior repair guy, I saw it all the time. Mostly because of what people put on it. Anything greasy, such as Armor All, will dry the plastic and eventually make it crack. Mostly ok Dodge trucks, but I've seen it on almost every make. Mild soap and water is the only thing to use.

By the way, if you do get a dash mat make sure you get the dingle berries and fringe to hang from the ceiling and fuzzy dice from the dash.

Tmmyby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tmmyby For This Useful Post:
Toddman34 (05-25-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
Modification Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmmyby View Post
Not true. As a former interior repair guy, I saw it all the time. Mostly because of what people put on it. Anything greasy, such as Armor All, will dry the plastic and eventually make it crack. Mostly ok Dodge trucks, but I've seen it on almost every make. Mild soap and water is the only thing to use.

By the way, if you do get a dash mat make sure you get the dingle berries and fringe to hang from the ceiling and fuzzy dice from the dash.
So Armor All which is a product designed to avoid cracking while maintaining your dash is the cause of cracking. Sorry man I do not believe your assumption that Armor All causes this.... so that company makes millions and millions of dollars for years selling a product that does the opposite what it intended to do ...
Attached Images

LED lightning,JL stealthbox13TW5-3 Sub JL 600x1amp,RECON smoked tails&3rd brake light,ARE LSX ultra Tonneau,Overlays by moody, 24" KMC Nerve on Toyo proxesII 305/35/24 Retrofitted Heads by TUX Evox-R, 5000K CBI,XB amber angel eyes, LED RGB demon eyes,3000K Fogs,LED brake light,MPG carbon fiber calipercovers,LMS 93V10 tune, CAI, beltech drop, LED Tailgate brake light, Stubby antenna, SW catless DP &S-tube cat-back.
platinum28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum28 View Post

So Armor All which is a product designed to avoid cracking while maintaining your dash is the cause of cracking. Sorry man I do not believe your assumption that Armor All causes this.... so that company makes millions and millions of dollars for years selling a product that does the opposite what it intended to do ...
Then feel free to continue greasing your dash up. It's not my concern if anything ever happens to your plastic. And it's your choice if you like for it to match your juicy Jheri Curl. But don't say I didn't warn you if the paint starts to peel or anything ever cracks. Good day.

Tmmyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum28

Believe it! That's why Armor All came out with their cleaning wipes. They claim just as much shine and protection, but that it won't help to prematurely fade or crack your interior parts, like the old Armor All products were so prone to doing. They saw the problem and addressed it as such. They don't need you to finish off the bottle to get their money. As soon as you buy it and realize it cracks your dash over time you would've used it all or most and will throw away the remainder, but by then, yes they've already got your money and making more off the next person. The cleaning wipes work great an much less shine than the original, but it also doesn't just soak into the dash either. :-)
CaSCrew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #7

I use a dash mat. I only cover the drivers side though. Sometimes the glare from the dash driving a dirt road made it impossible to see. Black mat solved it
bankshot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bankshot For This Useful Post:
ERod4x4 (04-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
Modification Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmmyby View Post
Then feel free to continue greasing your dash up. It's not my concern if anything ever happens to your plastic. And it's your choice if you like for it to match your juicy Jheri Curl. But don't say I didn't warn you if the paint starts to peel or anything ever cracks. Good day.
Juicy jheri curl LOL wrong race bud, I guess that makes you a toothless redneck right LOL ....... Ok well maybe you should start a class action law suit ..... I believe in this day and age with all the technology and information we have that a company would be out of business if the product they sell does exactly the opposite of what its intended to do ...... I never keep a vehicle for more than 3 years so hopefully I never have that problem but If my dash cracked prematurely you bet ill be going to armor all and or ford for answers .....
Attached Images

LED lightning,JL stealthbox13TW5-3 Sub JL 600x1amp,RECON smoked tails&3rd brake light,ARE LSX ultra Tonneau,Overlays by moody, 24" KMC Nerve on Toyo proxesII 305/35/24 Retrofitted Heads by TUX Evox-R, 5000K CBI,XB amber angel eyes, LED RGB demon eyes,3000K Fogs,LED brake light,MPG carbon fiber calipercovers,LMS 93V10 tune, CAI, beltech drop, LED Tailgate brake light, Stubby antenna, SW catless DP &S-tube cat-back.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
Modification Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye.surgeon View Post
For what purpose? Modern dash materials won't crack or fade like your dad's did. Dash mats are old school IMO.
+1
Old 04-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum28 View Post
Armor All is a heavily marketed garbage brand.
Ecoboost to diesel conversion mod:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordPrius View Post
I have a 2011 f-150 Ecoboost and i've been wanting to make it a diesel. I filled it up with Diesel from the gas station and everything but when i started it up my engine started making some strange noises and I'm worried it might be broken.
Vandicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:14 AM