Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate Control Questions

Old 09-11-2014, 12:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Climate Control Questions

Hi Everyone

Have some questions about how the climate control works on a 2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost 6 disc radio system with sync...no touch screen or navigation.

1. When using auto temperature and remote start: I have everything set to auto when I do a remote start. I live in Northern British Columbia and it has been -4 in the morning when I do the remote start. So when I get in the truck there doesn't seem to be anything going on the seats are not heating and so forth. Please advise if I have done anything wrong in settings.

2. When driving normally to work and the truck has warmed up engine and cab I start to turn the temperature down to 20 degrees (sorry that is Canadian) I don't feel any change in the temperature. The temperature will change only when I hit 16 degrees and then it is too cold. Please again any advice/wisdom would be great.

thanks, Jim
Old 09-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Jim, as far as the seats I can't tell much difference when I use the remote start in winter. After I sit in the seat for a few minutes it does get warmer. I don't think these heaters put enough heat out to make the seats really warm ahead of time, but I'm no expert either.
As the cab heater goes I'm sorry I can't help there. One thing is in my area it doesn't get anywhere near that cold. Thank God Good luck.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanted33
Jim, as far as the seats I can't tell much difference when I use the remote start in winter. After I sit in the seat for a few minutes it does get warmer. I don't think these heaters put enough heat out to make the seats really warm ahead of time, but I'm no expert either.
As the cab heater goes I'm sorry I can't help there. One thing is in my area it doesn't get anywhere near that cold. Thank God Good luck.
Hi

Does anyone know if the lights for the seat heaters go on when you do the remote start?

As for temperatures we hit some times in the winter -40 degrees...yeah that is big time cold.

Jim
Old 09-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Logically one would think the seat heater lights would come on when remote started, but it may be they go out/off when you turn the switch on. I've never thought about looking.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:44 PM

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

The problem is the location of the temperature sensor. You'll notice that on these mornings the sensor is actually reading too warm. Once the truck starts moving the temp comes down to a more accurate reading. Some have relocated the sensor in an attempt to get it to read correctly when the truck is at rest.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Climate Control Questions