Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In-Channel Vent Visors

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 03:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default In-Channel Vent Visors

Has anyone added in channel or regular vent visors to their 09 F150? If so can you post some pics. I am thinking about adding these but I want to know if the vent extends down the front of the window.

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do not buy these

I had in-channel vent visors on my last truck....... Big mistake. The top inch of the window was severly scratched. Those things make the glass fit very tight and doesn't roll up properly. Any dirt that gets up there will scratched deeply, deep enough to feel with your hand, into the glass.
Of course just like anything else this is only my opinion. (based on experience).
Old 05-27-2009, 05:51 PM

I had Putco Chrome in channel on my Avalanche and you are right they did mark up some of the window but not so much that I was concerned. I do not like the old style that sticks to the outside of the door, the in channel have a much cleaner look.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i got the stick on ones and love them no scratched windows and they look fine to me!!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the stick on and love them. Have had them on the wifes car for all 6 years we have owned it without any issues.

On my last truck (Nissan Pathfinder) ordered the in the channel style and the front windows would not close correctly. Could not return them because they were open and they got tossed in the trash. Never make that mistake again.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:55 AM

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I added the in channel ones to mine with no issues. I don’t have any pictures yet. I will try to take some in the next week or so if it stops raining here.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by The Boz
I added the in channel ones to mine with no issues. I don’t have any pictures yet. I will try to take some in the next week or so if it stops raining here.

Great! Can't wait to see them.

Thanks
Old 05-29-2009, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by cgdemakis
Great! Can't wait to see them.

Thanks
These aren't the greatest pictures but some I took really quick while I was out running around. I will try to take some more this weekend.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:49 AM
2009 4x2 5.4 XLT Screw

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the in-channel visors on two of my vehicles. Both eventually caused considerable scratches on the top 1" or so of the windows. I also believe they were responsible for the premature failure of the power window motors on one of them because of how much more friction they cause when trying to completely close the windows. I put stick-ons on my 98 F150 when it was new and they're still in place serving the current owner well.

I like the look of the in-channel visors but so far my long term experience with them hasn't been good.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:38 AM

I agree, I love the look of the in-channel vent visors, however I do hate how they squeak when my window gets close to the top. Looking back I might have gone with the stick-on kind, but I worried they would fall off easy living in a state where the weather changes from hot summers to tons of snow in the winter. I figured the in-channel ones would be more sturdy.

Quick Reply: In-Channel Vent Visors