Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing heated seat element

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 08:54 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Changing heated seat element

has anyone changed a heated seat element in there truck. I've got a 2011 fx4 and my drivers seat element burnt out. I'm looking to replace it and wondering if anyone has taken on the job or is this something I should just leave to the dealer. The elements only 30 bucks so I don't feel like spending 400 to get it installed. Looked around on the forum but haven't really found anything on changing them, but people having the same issue as I am.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:16 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by stevezf150
has anyone changed a heated seat element in there truck. I've got a 2011 fx4 and my drivers seat element burnt out. I'm looking to replace it and wondering if anyone has taken on the job or is this something I should just leave to the dealer. The elements only 30 bucks so I don't feel like spending 400 to get it installed. Looked around on the forum but haven't really found anything on changing them, but people having the same issue as I am.
I'm in the same boat buddy. My driver's side is out and when the part is only $30 I can't justify the insane labor.

There are a couple DIY heated seat installs on here that may help you figure out how to remove the bullrings and seat covers. It's pretty easy just requires a ton of patience. This link may help get you started.

Side question, do you know which element is burnt out? Back or butt element, how'd you figure it out? I need to figure out which of mine is burnt out.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:29 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I changed mine out early this year. Was pretty easy actually. This thread was very helpful.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/those-...ed-bed-284430/
Old 09-13-2015, 02:31 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterfowler41
I'm in the same boat buddy. My driver's side is out and when the part is only $30 I can't justify the insane labor.

There are a couple DIY heated seat installs on here that may help you figure out how to remove the bullrings and seat covers. It's pretty easy just requires a ton of patience. This link may help get you started.

Side question, do you know which element is burnt out? Back or butt element, how'd you figure it out? I need to figure out which of mine is burnt out.

Car Seat Heater Installation - YouTube
I was told by the dealer that they are linked together. So if one doesn't work both won't work. I am thinking it would be the lower unit since it did heat up and stopped working. If I was to do it I may try both.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:03 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by InDaRed2
I changed mine out early this year. Was pretty easy actually. This thread was very helpful.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/those-...ed-bed-284430/
Which element did you change the butt or the back? I have a feeling my butt heater is the one that went but since their in series neither works.

Quick Reply: Changing heated seat element