Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carhartt Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 02:00 AM

Received 204 Likes on 154 Posts

Default Carhartt Seat Covers

Recently bought carhartt seat covers. For some odd reason there weren't any instructions or even anything indicating which seat cover goes to which seat. For the most part I have them figured out.... But whoever designed these needs a kick in the nuts...

The center jumpseat/console cover is horrible, unless I'm putting on the wrong piece. And I can't tell the difference in the driver and passenger as to which one is which and where the little pillow on the bottom corners go.

Any body have pics of their seats with these installed?? Preferably the XLT cloth seats with the jumpseats
Old 10-13-2014, 07:39 PM
Pete

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

I had the same problem with my AUTOANYTHING ballistic nylon seatcovers. The main problem was the console. No good instructions and it did not fit the console very good at all....I contacted them and no help was given.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Blondie70
I had the same problem with my AUTOANYTHING ballistic nylon seatcovers. The main problem was the console. No good instructions and it did not fit the console very good at all....I contacted them and no help was given.
The carhartt ones are made by Covercraft and I believe the ones you're referring too are as well. I gave Covercraft a call and figured most of it out. But the folding console jump seat and front seat covers are poor designs.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Overall do you like the carhartt seat covers? I'm thinking about getting some.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:47 PM
B-One Thug

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OilFieldCash
Recently bought carhartt seat covers. For some odd reason there weren't any instructions or even anything indicating which seat cover goes to which seat. For the most part I have them figured out.... But whoever designed these needs a kick in the nuts...

The center jumpseat/console cover is horrible, unless I'm putting on the wrong piece. And I can't tell the difference in the driver and passenger as to which one is which and where the little pillow on the bottom corners go.

Any body have pics of their seats with these installed?? Preferably the XLT cloth seats with the jumpseats
I agree the center seat/console is a PITA.... I just installed Katskin leather yesterday on all my seats took all darn day!! but looks factory!! Now I understand why the dealerships charge so much... all the freaking labor involved...my hands still hurt!
Old 10-13-2014, 10:51 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Stealth and oil do you have pics and prices for what you paid? Also how u like the seat covers
Old 10-13-2014, 11:07 PM

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I like the Carhartt seat covers on my XLT. They don't slide around at all and are easy to take off and wash. Plus, the set was pretty cheap - $120 or something like that for the two front seats. They came with installation instructions. I put the "pillow side" on the door-side of each seat. I put a console in my truck and so don't have experience with the jump seat fit.

I put 'em on mostly to keep the seats clean and prevent the driver seat cushion fabric from wearing. I added seat warmers at about the same time - the warmers work great with these seat covers.

Here's a pic:

Last edited by tamnalan; 10-13-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremy70
Overall do you like the carhartt seat covers? I'm thinking about getting some.
Nope... I mean they're ok. I don't know if there is better... But for the $?? Hell no... I have no headrest cover for the tiny center rear headrest. The back seat has 4 pieces, one for each sitting section, and 2 for the backs. Then 2 seperate head rests for the bigger two headrests.

The driver seat is one piece for the back and sitting section. And a seperate headrest cover. Why can't these be two seperate pieces like the rear seats????
The same goes for the passenger seat.

Then we get to the jump seat..... The thought process here was completely lost. The designer of this needs a drug screen.
Why did this person make 4 headrests for the seats with 6 headrests... I assume 5 was made but I'm missing one for the center rear seat. The console lid piece wraps it and then also covers the back of the jump seat... And has the headrest sewn on!!!!! Why can't this be made into three pieces????? I have no headrest on there so I can use the bottom cup holders. and it velcros in a ridiculous spot on the outside of that seat belt and fits like crap and looks even worse... the front seats look like I threw a cheap sleaveless carhartt jacket on it and tucked them in. The rear seats make much more sense and have a way better fit. the sides of the front seats aren't covered. I assume someone thinks the airbags won't deploy and rip them to shreds. I have a hard time believing that, if the leather will, then these can be designed too. I guess I'll pull them out throw them on the craigslist so I can deal with more idiots and buy a well made thought out product.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:46 AM

I paid around $500 for the front and rear. I got the 40-20-40 set for the front and 40-60 for the rear. Luckily my dads best friend for the last 40 years does upholstery so maybe he can cut these up for the front seats and make them work. My '85 C10 doesn't have airbags and honestly don't feel like I need these either. I'd rather have a clean seat
Old 10-16-2014, 04:43 PM

I'm not sure how to post pics but here are some answers as I spoke with Covercraft a few minutes ago. Again the design is something to be desired compared to others.... May just pull the jumpseat out and get a center console, although I like the how this one has 6 cup holders and two compartments...

Why make 5 headrests completely seperate and sew the center jumpseat headrest onto the cover? And the lid cover is also attached to the one piece cover... Worst design in my opinion.

Other then that they fit well with the exception of the back 3 headrests. The two outer ones are larger then the center one. I didn't receive a smaller headrest for this one, but they are looking for one. I was sent a cover for it, the same size as the two larger headrests.

Quick Reply: Carhartt Seat Covers