Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargo management system help

Old 12-31-2009, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo management system help

While at the dealership yesterday with my new truck with 600 miles to find out why the airbag and tcs light were illuminated i priced the cargo management system. The rails are $305 and each tie down lug another $30 which is a little steep as I will never use anything but the tie down hooks. I know this issue has been brought up before which I found by searching but I couldn't find answers to my question. I would like to add two additional tie down points since my tool box is making the front two hooks inaccessible. The middle two cargo management holes look like a good spot. Has anyone tried to find a self tapping screw similar to the OEM tie down bolt(i already tried and they are too small) to fit the predrilled holes to attach additional tie down hooks. I read a concern in a previous post about possibly bending the sheet metal and I am not planning on cranking down any serious tenison on these hooks. Thanks in advance from a new member.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought about buying these for mine and mounting them on the inside of the bed rails

http://www.hi-lift.com/slide-n-lock/index.html
Old 02-19-2010, 09:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I plan on putting d-rings using the
bed bolts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cargo management system help