Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Candy red paint imperfection.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:31 PM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Candy red paint imperfection.

The new truck is at the dealership (woohoo) but it has a slight issue with the passenger side rear door.
There is a small raised area where it looks like something got under the paint during the paint process. This has left a small raised area (approx 1-2mm wide and maybe 0.5mm raised).

The dealership have said about buffing it down level but I'm concerned about going through the top coat - especially with the candy red paint.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-22-2010, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're not in a rush for the new truck, have them order you another. For the amount of money we spend on a new truck everything should be perfect and to your satisfaction. I would go so far as to note down the VIN of that truck with the paint bubble so that I would know the new ordered truck is not that same truck with that spot fixed; i.e., I would be looking for a different VIN on the re-ordered truck that arrives.

If I were in your shoes, that is what I would do.

Best of luck with whatever path you take, but if it were me it would take a while for me to forget about that spot if the dealer does some sort of repair on it.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:23 PM

I had that problem on my tailgate... I said I didn't want the truck. They offered another 700 off the price. since it was on the gate I let them repaint the whole gate, and got the 700 too. I plan on getting a step tailgate anyways.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kdjasper
If you're not in a rush for the new truck, have them order you another. For the amount of money we spend on a new truck everything should be perfect and to your satisfaction. I would go so far as to note down the VIN of that truck with the paint bubble so that I would know the new ordered truck is not that same truck with that spot fixed; i.e., I would be looking for a different VIN on the re-ordered truck that arrives.

Best of luck with whatever path you take, but if it were me it would take a while for me to forget about that spot if the dealer does some sort of repair on it.
wow for that you want a whole new truck, you can fix it yourself for about 5 dollars and 30 min with a touch up kit. Do what you want but I would ask for a bed liner installed or cash back.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:41 PM

There is no way in hell a dealership would order someone a brand new truck because of some tiny *** mark on the door, thats asinine.

Let the dealer try and fix it and if they make it worse make them take care of it.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by manic5_2001
wow for that you want a whole new truck, you can fix it yourself for about 5 dollars and 30 min with a touch up kit. Do what you want but I would ask for a bed liner installed or cash back.
When my truck arrived at the dealer it had some scuff marks on the left rear tire, and it smelled like someone sat in it holding a cup of coffee. Maybe they spilled some, I don't know. I demanded they order me a new truck. I also told them they owed me a loaner Shelby Mustang convertible, including gas, until the new truck arrived. Additionally I had to have a date with the redhead receptionist gal. It seemed only fair.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:35 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hiddenmickey
When my truck arrived at the dealer it had some scuff marks on the left rear tire, and it smelled like someone sat in it holding a cup of coffee. Maybe they spilled some, I don't know. I demanded they order me a new truck. I also told them they owed me a loaner Shelby Mustang convertible, including gas, until the new truck arrived. Additionally I had to have a date with the redhead receptionist gal. It seemed only fair.
No joke, sometimes ridiculous customers put the dealer in an impossible position.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by chard85
There is no way in hell a dealership would order someone a brand new truck because of some tiny *** mark on the door, thats asinine.

Let the dealer try and fix it and if they make it worse make them take care of it.
Then you are purchasing from an asinine dealer, and I would suggest finding a different dealer.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and ability to share them in the forum, and I simply expressed mine. You expressed yours, albeit with a bunch of foul language.

I like some of the other opinions about seeking some compensation for accepting the truck as is or letting the dealer fix it but getting some sort of compensation in addition to that. I personally would not accept the truck as is with the flaw and compensation option, but fixed with some sort of compensation is something I would consider.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:08 AM

Then you are purchasing from an asinine dealer, and I would suggest finding a different dealer.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and ability to share them in the forum, and I simply expressed mine. You expressed yours, albeit with a bunch of foul language.

I like some of the other opinions about seeking some compensation for accepting the truck as is or letting the dealer fix it but getting some sort of compensation in addition to that. I personally would not accept the truck as is with the flaw and compensation option, but fixed with some sort of compensation is something I would consider.
I wasn't attacking you all I am saying is that I think it would be ridiculous to order a new truck without letting them at least try and fix it, whats wrong with that? Where is all my foul language?
Old 04-23-2010, 10:41 AM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm giving them a chance to fix it - with the proviso that if it goes wrong, they make it good.

I'm slightly concerned about striking through the top coat but hopefully the bodyshop knows what they're doing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Candy red paint imperfection.