Bullet liner vs Linex liner - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Bullet liner vs Linex liner

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Dhaskjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: TROY NY
Posts: 261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Bullet liner vs Linex liner

Anyone have a Bullet spray liner and how does it compare to Line-x liner.

Last edited by Dhaskjr; 06-20-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Dhaskjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Dhaskjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: TROY NY
Posts: 261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I guess Bullet not that popular?
Dhaskjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Lord-of-Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,150
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Never heard of bullet liner but all I know is that Line-X is one of the original liner co and cant go wrong with them. Most important thing to know is how well the place you take your truck to can spray the liner. Good prep and proper thickness can vary greatly.
Lord-of-Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Dhaskjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: TROY NY
Posts: 261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

The Albany area Linex dealer is now Bullet and acording to my salesman, a codesigner of linex started Bullet. Their website looks impressive but Ive never heard of them. I think Linex pulled from this Albany but not 100% sure and thats what make me kinda wonder. The dealer dosnt deal with the next Linex dealer which is 45 min north. Just wanted to see if others even knew of this Bullet and if my salesman is bulls**ting me
Dhaskjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
Cormack71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 988
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaskjr
The Albany area Linex dealer is now Bullet and acording to my salesman, a codesigner of linex started Bullet. Their website looks impressive but Ive never heard of them. I think Linex pulled from this Albany but not 100% sure and thats what make me kinda wonder. The dealer dosnt deal with the next Linex dealer which is 45 min north. Just wanted to see if others even knew of this Bullet and if my salesman is bulls**ting me
Yeah from what I've read, the partner of Linex made a better, stronger, longer lasting material and named it Bullet. It's from the makers of Linex.

Sent from my iPhone using F150 Forum
Cormack71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Lord-of-Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,150
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack71 View Post
Yeah from what I've read, the partner of Linex made a better, stronger, longer lasting material and named it Bullet. It's from the makers of Linex.

Sent from my iPhone using F150 Forum
Interesting, sounds like they should have called it '6 Million Dollar Man' liner! They have the technology!!!
Lord-of-Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #7
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Katy Texas
Posts: 228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Or Bullet Proof
HankHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #8
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Waleska, GA
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

That is true that a co-designer of linex started Bullet and from what I am told he is here in Georgia. My 4Wheel Parts store knows him personally and from what they told me, he has taken Linex's flaws and improved upon them. One of the problems I have had with Linex on two different trucks is that after awhile it blackwashes. You can wipe the chalky residue off with your hand. That is why I went with a Bedrug this time but my buddy got the Bullet and it is a much better product. It stays shiny (I think it has UV protectors in it) and it doesn't chalk up. With Bullet, you don't need those revitalizing sprays they sell for Linex and Rhino to keep them new looking.
Herkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #9
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Dhaskjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: TROY NY
Posts: 261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herkman View Post
That is true that a co-designer of linex started Bullet and from what I am told he is here in Georgia. My 4Wheel Parts store knows him personally and from what they told me, he has taken Linex's flaws and improved upon them. One of the problems I have had with Linex on two different trucks is that after awhile it blackwashes. You can wipe the chalky residue off with your hand. That is why I went with a Bedrug this time but my buddy got the Bullet and it is a much better product. It stays shiny (I think it has UV protectors in it) and it doesn't chalk up. With Bullet, you don't need those revitalizing sprays they sell for Linex and Rhino to keep them new looking.
Thanks, I feel much better about it now. I already gave the ok for it when it comes in.
Dhaskjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #10
Senior Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 227
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaskjr View Post
Thanks, I feel much better about it now. I already gave the ok for it when it comes in.
Make sure to give an update with pics and a general review.
frunko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 grille possibilities & my build MEADE 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 27 10-23-2016 11:37 AM
Southeast: Supercharged 2011 f150 XLT zander 2009 - 2014 Truck Sales 11 12-22-2015 02:37 PM
WeatherTech or Husky floor liners? goxc 2015 - Present Ford F150 62 10-17-2015 05:48 PM
OEM bed lights & OEM bed extender av8torken 2015 - Present Ford F150 6 10-02-2015 01:03 AM
Truck Ordered now when / where to buy the Accessories vegasrider 2015 - Present Ford F150 10 09-30-2015 01:55 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com