Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake Pads

I have a 2009 F150 FX4 with about 28,000-29000 miles on it. The brakes still seem ok, was planning to change them regardless the next time I changed my oil in about 2,500 more miles.

Anyways, I was wondering how many miles everyone was getting on the factory brake pads and/or aftermarket? If anyone has changed their pads already, what were the new pads that you got? I am not overly impressed with the factory pads as I feel they left off a lot more dust than most I have seen over the years.

Last edited by 2009F150FX4; 11-12-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:11 PM
TSR Motorsports

30,000 miles out a set of factory brake pads is a good standard, depending on the use of course. I have seen some cars/trucks get close to 60,000 miles from stock pads but thats pushing it.

If your looking for new pads the Hawk LTS brake pads come highly recommended, not just by myself, but by a whole slew of members here. The other pads that are just as good, if not better, are the Hawk Ceramic. They are more expensive then the LTS but they put out less brake dust.

Let me know if you are interested in those pads, as I can give you a price that beats tirerack's pricing.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:18 PM
DIY

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by silverkorn
30,000 miles out a set of factory brake pads is a good standard, depending on the use of course. I have seen some cars/trucks get close to 60,000 miles from stock pads but thats pushing it.

If your looking for new pads the Hawk LTS brake pads come highly recommended, not just by myself, but by a whole slew of members here. The other pads that are just as good, if not better, are the Hawk Ceramic. They are more expensive then the LTS but they put out less brake dust.

Let me know if you are interested in those pads, as I can give you a price that beats tirerack's pricing.
PM price for those pads please for 2005 Supercrew Lariat, front pads. thank you.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Retired Volunteer Fireman

Default 2011 F150 4x4 rear pad gone at 18k miles

New truck with 18 k on it. Used for going to work only. No hauling. Took it to Ford. "Dirt" might have done it! Pad was down to bare metal and eating the rotor. (Rear passenger side) If it isn't covered by warranty, it will cost about $400 he said. Cya, I said. I refuse to use FoMoCo parts that did not perform from the get-go and replaced all rear pads and rear rotors. The service managers in this area (West Chester, Pa.) are trained to say no to warranty fixes, plain and simple. This stinks!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:33 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by PJS100
New truck with 18 k on it. Used for going to work only. No hauling. Took it to Ford. "Dirt" might have done it! Pad was down to bare metal and eating the rotor. (Rear passenger side) If it isn't covered by warranty, it will cost about $400 he said. Cya, I said. I refuse to use FoMoCo parts that did not perform from the get-go and replaced all rear pads and rear rotors. The service managers in this area (West Chester, Pa.) are trained to say no to warranty fixes, plain and simple. This stinks!
This happened to our Flex, the rear pad material disentigrated and was grinding the rotors, took it in and was fixed under warranty, new pads and turned rotors.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Ford Freak

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

When mine went out, I put EBC slotted rotors and EBC green stuff pads on all for corners. They have been wearing great so far, in the last 9 months since I got them. I also notice very little break dust on my wheels when I clean my truck. One more thing, they stop 10 times better than stock.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by silverkorn

PM Sent

Quick Reply: Brake Pads