Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth and Navigation F150 Platinum SCREW

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Bluetooth and Navigation F150 Platinum SCREW

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if the following symptoms were just me, or if others were experiencing the same problem.

I have my iPhone synched with the bluetooth on the truck.

When I use the navigation and the bluetooth at the same time, the navigation voice overrides the phone sound.

In other words, I would be on a conversation via the bluetooth, and when the next instruction for direction is announced from the navigation, it would completely mute the phone conversation!!!!!

I've had 3 other cars with built-in navigation (Acura TL, Infiniti FX35 and Nissan Pathfinder) and bluetooth, but it never muted the phone conversation.

Is there a way to disable this? Or using both navi and phone is just not meant to be?
Old 09-05-2009, 01:54 AM

Not the behavior exhibited by my KR. The directions are muted while I am on the phone (nav does do the "dings" to alert you to turns, which mites the call- annoying, but not overly so) There is probably a setting somewhere to change the behavior.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:54 PM

I am pretty sure there is an option in the Nav settings that allows you to dictate how directions are given when on the phone.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:30 AM

I've looked pretty thoroughly through the menu and also read a bit into the manual, but nothing that would give priority to the phone over navigation...
Old 09-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Bye F150, hello F250

Received 92 Likes on 61 Posts

For that reason, I turned OFF the vocals for the Nav. I did try the beep instead of the full vocal, but that was a PITA as well.

Your mileage may vary.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by tipofloe
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if the following symptoms were just me, or if others were experiencing the same problem.

I have my iPhone synched with the bluetooth on the truck.

When I use the navigation and the bluetooth at the same time, the navigation voice overrides the phone sound.

In other words, I would be on a conversation via the bluetooth, and when the next instruction for direction is announced from the navigation, it would completely mute the phone conversation!!!!!

I've had 3 other cars with built-in navigation (Acura TL, Infiniti FX35 and Nissan Pathfinder) and bluetooth, but it never muted the phone conversation.

Is there a way to disable this? Or using both navi and phone is just not meant to be?

We just had the opportunity to check ours out. I was talking on Bluetooth while the Navigation was running. When the time came for the Nav to give us directions, it just gave a light "beep" sound, but my Bluetooth conversation was not disrupted.

So I don't know what to disable or where, but I can tell you that it shouldn't happen. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Bluetooth and Navigation F150 Platinum SCREW