Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 04:19 AM   #2301
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 24
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

This thread got me into some trouble... it will be a busy December for sure.

Did:
USB2
Weathertechs

Doing tomorrow:
Truxedo Truxport tonneau cover

Should have Monday -
Sync Lockpick

Bought tonight after reading this thread and about 20 associated threads and YouTube videos -

Lighting -
Harley Davidson puddle lights
LED bulb replacements (interior and license plate)
LED strip hood lights on bearing switch
LED strip console lights on bearing switch
LED strip glove box light - either on all the time with key on if I can't see it or bearing switch on glove box door

Tailgate -
Bed and step lights on bearing switch w/ rocker switch override
dee zee tailgate rod w/ nut mod
TR-7 with relay hooked to lock/unlock mod
trunk release hooked to tailgate handle

Sound -
polyfill for subwoofer

And then a trip to Home Depot to get a 66" 2x10 for my wife to beat me with.

And after a little more research, probably a tune from 5 star. Not for this thread though, unless there is an incredible sale I'm not aware of.
__________________
2012 Harley Davidson - Bone Stock
Jack_Toepfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #2302
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 70 Times in 38 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Toepfer View Post
This thread got me into some trouble... it will be a busy December for sure.

Did:
USB2
Weathertechs

Doing tomorrow:
Truxedo Truxport tonneau cover

Should have Monday -
Sync Lockpick

Bought tonight after reading this thread and about 20 associated threads and YouTube videos -

Lighting -
Harley Davidson puddle lights
LED bulb replacements (interior and license plate)
LED strip hood lights on bearing switch
LED strip console lights on bearing switch
LED strip glove box light - either on all the time with key on if I can't see it or bearing switch on glove box door

Tailgate -
Bed and step lights on bearing switch w/ rocker switch override
dee zee tailgate rod w/ nut mod
TR-7 with relay hooked to lock/unlock mod
trunk release hooked to tailgate handle

Sound -
polyfill for subwoofer

And then a trip to Home Depot to get a 66" 2x10 for my wife to beat me with.

And after a little more research, probably a tune from 5 star. Not for this thread though, unless there is an incredible sale I'm not aware of.
Do you have the SONY sound system with the subwoofer under the back seat
__________________
2012 F150 ECO SC 157" PLATINUM
fcancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #2303
Member
 
blaydes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 36
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I didn't know that some LEDs glow all of the time. I looked early this morning and mine have a slight glow to them, but I never noticed it before and I can't see it unless I fold my body like a contortionist and stare directly at the bulb. With the cover in the rear, you can't even see it.
__________________
2013 SCREW XLT, Roush CAI, Flowmaster Exhaust, SCT Livewire with 5 Star Custom Tuning, 6" BDS Fox Racing Lift, BDS Front Coilovers, custom rear under-seat storage.
blaydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #2304
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 24
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcancer View Post
Do you have the SONY sound system with the subwoofer under the back seat
Yes, and my complaint before I even bought a truck was the stereo. Maybe the $5 polyfill give it what I'm looking for.
__________________
2012 Harley Davidson - Bone Stock
Jack_Toepfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #2305
Senior Member
 
BMWBig6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 599
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 121
Thanked 84 Times in 52 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan77 View Post
white LED bulb links ......

Front interior bulbs and license plate bulbs: $8.99/a pair
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400343925812...84.m1497.l2649

Rear interior bulbs: $10.79/a pair
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330936546122...84.m1497.l2649

Backup bulbs: $17.99/a pair
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331025694195...84.m1497.l2649
How many of each bulb are needed (in each location) to completely replace all the incandescent bulbs? I haven't popped off the covers to count how many are in there yet (hoping to only pop them off once).

I'm guessing it's 2 front interior (or do you replace the map lights and sun visor mirror bulbs too?), 2 license plate, 2 rear interior, and 2 backup bulbs?
__________________
2011 Ford F-150 Lariat Limited (#3252 of 3700)
2015 BMW X1 sDrive28i M Sport
2009 A4 2.0T S-Line Avant (1-of-a-kind in US)
Retired: 08 Audi TT S-Line / 03 Ford SVT Lightning / 01 Ford SVT Lightning / 93 BMW 740iL / 90 BMW 535iM / 86 Porsche 944 Turbo / 83 Porsche 944

BMWBig6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #2306
Ford Freak
 
fordfan77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Big Spring, Texas
Posts: 2,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 23
Thanked 131 Times in 97 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBig6 View Post

How many of each bulb are needed (in each location) to completely replace all the incandescent bulbs? I haven't popped off the covers to count how many are in there yet (hoping to only pop them off once).

I'm guessing it's 2 front interior (or do you replace the map lights and sun visor mirror bulbs too?), 2 license plate, 2 rear interior, and 2 backup bulbs?
My super crew has three in the back seat light, you are correct on everything else. I don't have bulbs on my visor mirrors, so I can't tell you about that.
__________________
I feel more like I do right now, than I have all day.
fordfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fordfan77 For This Useful Post:
BMWBig6 (12-08-2013)
Old 12-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #2307
One Clean Machine
 
Toddman34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,407
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Thanks: 714
Thanked 708 Times in 607 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBig6 View Post
How many of each bulb are needed (in each location) to completely replace all the incandescent bulbs? I haven't popped off the covers to count how many are in there yet (hoping to only pop them off once).

I'm guessing it's 2 front interior (or do you replace the map lights and sun visor mirror bulbs too?), 2 license plate, 2 rear interior, and 2 backup bulbs?
In a crew cab you have the 2 in front and 3 in rear If you have No sunroof! If you Have a Sunroof, you only have 1 for the rear! Its a 42mm....
__________________
2012 XLT 4X4 Screw|EcoBoost|
Toddman34 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toddman34 For This Useful Post:
BMWBig6 (12-08-2013)
Old 12-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #2308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaydes View Post
I didn't know that some LEDs glow all of the time. I looked early this morning and mine have a slight glow to them, but I never noticed it before and I can't see it unless I fold my body like a contortionist and stare directly at the bulb. With the cover in the rear, you can't even see it.
Are you referring to the Philips X-treme bright led reverse lights that you bought?
slowrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #2309
One Clean Machine
 
Toddman34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,407
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Thanks: 714
Thanked 708 Times in 607 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrey View Post
Are you referring to the Philips X-treme bright led reverse lights that you bought?
Its more noticable on the Smd led bulbs, wether used in the interior or exterior!
__________________
2012 XLT 4X4 Screw|EcoBoost|
Toddman34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #2310
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 70 Times in 38 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Toepfer View Post
Yes, and my complaint before I even bought a truck was the stereo. Maybe the $5 polyfill give it what I'm looking for.
I reread your old post,I thought you were looking to get the W/T floormats,
I now see you already have them.
I have a set i'm selling,but it has the sony speaker cut out. Oh well
On another note.....
Hell, everyone has old pillows laying around,just pull the poly out of that.
The lockpick is the one thing I havent done yet,when I do it I will be putting in a forward camera. WHY? Just because
__________________
2012 F150 ECO SC 157" PLATINUM
fcancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:20 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.