Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bed Rail Covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Bed Rail Covers

Anyone remove the caps from the bed rails? Have a pic? I thought about having the bed and rails sprayed with LineX. Not sure what it would look like. The plastic covers also hinder the process of securing my toolbox. The "j hook" style fastners hit the bottom lip of the plastic covers; making the need for me to customize the process a bit. I did a search but could find no picutures of the caps removed. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:57 AM

Nobody knows what is under the bedcaps? Surely someone has removed one....
Old 09-16-2010, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed mine this past Tuesday, and broke off all but 3 of the clips. The bed rail is loaded with all kinds of holes, very ugly. I will take a pic tomorrow when my replacement cap comes in.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:05 AM

Great, been buying trucks for over 15 years and this is the first one without the large, square tie Downs which you can put a 2x4 in. Great damn job Ford.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rightside
Great, been buying trucks for over 15 years and this is the first one without the large, square tie Downs which you can put a 2x4 in. Great damn job Ford.
Only the 5.5' bed doesn't have stake hole pockets, the 6.5' and 8' still have them.

Seems to me you probably should have realized that before purchasing it. Great damn job Rightside..
Old 09-18-2010, 07:35 AM

Received 119 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Justi
Only the 5.5' bed doesn't have stake hole pockets, ..

I thought the 5.5 had them as well, there just wasn't a pop out piece in the bed rail cover that allowed you to access them??
Old 09-18-2010, 07:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Abn150
I thought the 5.5 had them as well, there just wasn't a pop out piece in the bed rail cover that allowed you to access them??
Nope. The pockets are still under there because you can see them from inside the bed but the covers are solid. No pop outs. My 2007 6.5' bed had the pop outs though, just not the 5.5' bed.

All the way..
Old 09-18-2010, 08:11 AM

Only the 5.5' bed doesn't have stake hole pockets, the 6.5' and 8' still have them.

Seems to me you probably should have realized that before purchasing it. Great damn job Rightside..
Don't come here and be a jerk dude. Everyone here is very respectable and this is the reason I like this forum. Lots here complain about silly designs they don't like. It makes no sense to not have the pockets on a full size truck. Go see the thread about what people like and don't like about their Ford trucks. I'm sure you will make friends there.

Don't respond to this as I am done with you and will no longer recognize your existence.

Anyways, to the others. Is there different rail covers which can be ordered with pop outs in them? I will do some checking on this as well.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:52 AM

Received 119 Likes on 64 Posts

Nope. The pockets are still under there because you can see them from inside the bed but the covers are solid. No pop outs. My 2007 6.5' bed had the pop outs though, just not the 5.5' bed.

All the way..

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. All three bed sizes have the stake pockets under the bed rail covers, but only the 6.5 and 8.0 beds have the pop out covers so you can access the stake hole through the bed rail cover.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Rok

Received 142 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Rightside
Don't come here and be a jerk dude. Everyone here is very respectable and this is the reason I like this forum. Lots here complain about silly designs they don't like. It makes no sense to not have the pockets on a full size truck. Go see the thread about what people like and don't like about their Ford trucks. I'm sure you will make friends there.

Don't respond to this as I am done with you and will no longer recognize your existence.

Anyways, to the others. Is there different rail covers which can be ordered with pop outs in them? I will do some checking on this as well.

How old are you? LOL

Quick Reply: Bed Rail Covers