Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bed Liners (falling out) New Truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 05:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bed Liners (falling out) New Truck

I have had my truck for 1 month and the bed liner is falling out. It is unattached on one side and pulling away from the wall. Is this normal? It came installed at the dealer. Not even sure how it is attached to the bed. What holds the liner in place? Will the dealer cover this under warranty?
Old 03-31-2015, 05:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it's a drop in liner just put the side that is out under the bed rail, thats all that really holds it in. My drop in liner has the rear bed hooks bolted through it. If yours is like that it might help to take the hooks off and reposition the liner.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:03 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Why would it not be covered?
Old 03-31-2015, 06:24 PM

Received 168 Likes on 156 Posts

Mine was bolted in with these cups in the back on either side of the bed and went over the lip in the front. I had to remove it to put the retractable cover on.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:29 PM
Is it Friday Yet?

Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattthecat
I have had my truck for 1 month and the bed liner is falling out. It is unattached on one side and pulling away from the wall. Is this normal? It came installed at the dealer. Not even sure how it is attached to the bed. What holds the liner in place? Will the dealer cover this under warranty?
If it's a Ford Custom Accessory bed liner, Ford Logo on the front of the Liner, then:

The 6.5' and 8' Beds have a cup in the front of the Bed that the anchors screw into to hold it in place, in the back, the anchors go thru the bed liner and hold it in place there. As for the top, it goes under the rail.

The 5.5' Bed, the liner is secured by the anchors going thru it in both the front and the back and it tuck in under the rail, just like the 6.5' and 8'.

Where is it detaching from exactly?
Old 04-01-2015, 12:42 AM

Default Bed liner

The entire left side is loose. It not touching the bed wall. Today i went outside to find the left side up over the edge of the bed. I pushed it back into the bed. But there is like a 1-2" gap between the liner and the bed.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:45 AM

Default Bed liner Warranty

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
Why would it not be covered?
Ford will not provide me with any written form of the warranty. Only a legal disclaimer. But thats a whole other story.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:42 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a different brand and the top edges are up under the rails but certainly not tightly against the walls as the sides go up.

I want to hold them back against the sides to expose the 45 degree angle for LED's. I was thinking of using a heavy duty double sided tape along the top edge
Old 04-01-2015, 07:42 AM
Is it Friday Yet?

Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts

Ford will not provide me with any written form of the warranty. Only a legal disclaimer. But thats a whole other story.
When installed by a dealer, Ford Accessories are covered by the 36m/36k warranty against defects in manufacturing and installation.
So it should be covered.

From what you are describing so far, it looks like it was not installed properly.
Take a couple of pictures and post them on here if you can.

The Ford reps on here should be able to help you if the dealership does not want to honor their responsibilities.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:58 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

? Sounds like you need a better dealership.

Quick Reply: Bed Liners (falling out) New Truck