Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back Seat removal on SuperCrew ????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 03:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Back Seat removal on SuperCrew ????????

Has anyone removed the back seat from a 2009 SuperCrew?

I need to take them out to do some wiring for mounting some strobe LEDs in the back window.

I was just wondering what was involved before I get started.

Thanks.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:49 PM
sig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't need to take them out. They fold forward easily (once you know how to do it). If you need it a shoe string looped around the pin can help to pull it (see below for step by step directions).

Here are some pictures of what to do

https://www.f150forum.com/members/f150diehard-13096/albums/back-seats-folded-down/

and these are the directions I followed to fold down the seat. They are directly from a post by F150DIEHARD.

you can go to my photos and see the driver side seat folded down.

there is a little trick to folding the seats down.
1. hold hand like mine shown in picture and slide hand down behind headrest and feel for the little locking pin. it will be facing the passenger side.
2. use your thumb to find pin and pull up and slightly move seat forward and backward and it should unlock.
3. as soon as it unlocks you have to pull the lever underneath the seat to fold down the seat part and the back will fold down at the same time.
4 to lock seat back, the mechanism needs to match up with part attatched to the truck lock behind the seat. so just tilt both up at the same time and push back on seat back to lock.

you notice in the picture that the seatbelt is in the way when the seats, are folded down. and the latch mechanism on the back of the seat is showing. in my opinion not practical.

Last edited by sig; 08-23-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:06 PM

Good info, Sig! Thanks!

~H_E_H, thumb down!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:28 PM

Great reply Sig (x2)! I would have never thought our rear seats could fold down like that... I'll keep the knowledge in mind for future mods and such. Thanks again!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:55 PM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Yes, great info !! I, too, thought you had to unbolt the seat to have access to the rear panel and or window glass.

The only problem for me, is my large hands and thick fingers will not easily slide down behind the seat. I tried this for about five minutes this afternoon, with no success.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sig
You don't need to take them out. They fold forward easily (once you know how to do it). If you need it a shoe string looped around the pin can help to pull it (see below for step by step directions).

You guys really ROCK. This is GREAT.

Thanks for the reply SIG and the directions and photos by F150DIEHARD

This will REALLY SAVE ME SOME TIME AND EFFORT.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:03 AM
sig

I had trouble getting my big hands in there too, and even when I got them in there I found that the pin was hard to pull up. So what I did is raised the bottom of the seat just a little to give me extra room and then worked it that way. I would also recommend trying to use a shoe string or equivalent size rope to pull it up if you have big fingers. Good luck guys.

Ya no problem, glad I was able to help, and thanks to F150DIEHARD for the original post
Old 10-22-2009, 08:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Needed to get an antenna wire from the bed into the cab of my supercrew today. Thanks to you guys, I was able to get the back of the rear seat down and fish the wire thru the cabin pressure equilizer vent that's behind the back wall insulation. I had to use the loop-of-string approach which worked great once I realized that it took a serious tug to release the latch.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:17 AM
sig

Im glad to hear that our post could help you, and that the string trick worked for you too.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:54 PM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Again, I thought this was good info and a very useful thread!!

I wonder, is there also a similar latch on the other section of the seat on the right side?

And, I also wonder if the dealerships have a tool, similar to a slim-jim for unlocking doors, to slide behind the seat and accomplish this task more easily?

Quick Reply: Back Seat removal on SuperCrew ????????