Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux input not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 10:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Aux input not working

Well, yet another problem has come up with my 2013 F150. When I try to plug in an mp3 player, ipod, phone etc via an aux cable to listen to music, it doesn't work.

When I press the Aux button, it flips to the FM radio and doesn't read the line in. I can have my sat radio on, press the Aux button and suddenly I'm on FM.

Has anyone else had this problem? What have you done to fix it?
The following users liked this post:
Isaac Martinez (02-18-2020)
Old 01-26-2015, 12:50 PM

This never happened to anybody?

I may be able to get into the dealer with it later today.

I'm honestly getting sick and tired of problem after problem with this truck. I've had more issues with it in 6 months highway and to/from work driving than I had in 3.5 years of driving my GMC hard on and off road. I'm almost at the point that I've had enough of Ford and my next truck will be a GM.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Since nobody else has replied, I'll take a stab at it. Perhaps hardly anyone uses the aux input. I imagine most would use the usb for the ipod and bluetooth for the phone. Not sure about the mp3 player, but the consensus for those of us with 2013's is forget about the ipod, get a usb stick, format it fat32 (very important) and play your music from the stick. Have you tried the fuse pull to reset sync? The instructions are on here somewhere.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:31 PM

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried the fuse pull. I'll have a look around on here. If I try it and it doesn't work, back to the dealership I go.

The main reason I use the Aux cable is I like being able to navigate artist, song, album etc. My truck doesn't have the touch screen do I don't have that easy option to navigate through folders.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My aux plug works fine. Its an electrical issue of some kind. Dealer should just replace the whole unit.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:08 PM

Fuse pull seems to have worked. Thanks guys. If it happens again, I'll bring it into the dealer. From reading elsewhere, this seems like a common problem.

I think the dealer is getting tired of seeing my truck. LOL. It's not like I'm being picky and **** retentive. I just want the bloody truck to work
Old 01-26-2015, 04:35 PM
Big Blue Flame!!!

Received 130 Likes on 118 Posts

Im kind of late to reply just seen this post lol. My 2013 FX4 only plays Aux in through passenger side speaker. Dealer said it was my IPod. So tried my IPhone 4, my iPhone 6, two iPods and bought 3 high quality Aux cords and all do the same thing and play through passenger side speaker. Luckily Ford put the aux in a proper place where I don't have to see it as I don't have have a use for it lol. I just play my music through the Blue tooth audio but that is kind in pain in the rear having to tell Sync to play "blue tooth audio" each and every time.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same damn problem as festivaboy92. I have a 2012 XLT that is kinda stripped. It doesn't have SYNC.
I use the aux cord for my ipod and kid's iphones. The left pillar speaker doesn't work.
I switch it to radio and all works great.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auxiliary /phone button not working

Owner of a 2016 ford expedition. After having a vehicle for about four months the sync System failed. when pressing the auxiliary button on the stereo which allows you to select input device, ( Bluetooth or USB or auxiliary input jack) completely stopped working along with the telephone button. Just like another post . I tried everything from pulling fuses in the engine compartment and in the passenger kick panel nothing worked . Ended up taking the truck into Ford and apparently they replaced the whole head unit. Six months later it's doing the exact same thing with apparently a new head unit . I love Ford vehicles they have always treated me well but the sync system is totally crap . I have coolers and speakers and miscellaneous other Bluetooth devices that I'm sure cost pennies compared to these units and work 100 times better . now for the second time we are going to have to take the truck back to Ford so they can fix the problem. Time is money and getting real tired of fixing issues that should never of been a problem in the first place . if anyone has solved any of these issues on their own please let me know or if Ford has done anything besides temporarily fixing A recurring problem please let me know thank you
Old 05-25-2017, 08:12 PM

Apparently I'm still subscribed to this thread. Sorry to hear of your issues. I too got sick and tired of chasing problems with my truck. The list is long, aggravating and expensive.

My solution? I sold it before it had 74,000kms on it. I drive a 2005 Toyota Tundra now. Not a single problem despite it being 12 years old with 140,000kms on it. My Ford had more problems in the 30,000 sh kms I owned it than the 3 other vehicles (nearly a million kms on them total) I've owned combined.

After the way 3 dealerships treated me and how unreliable my truck was, I'll never own a Ford again.

Quick Reply: Aux input not working