Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone waiting on 2012 delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone waiting on 2012 delivery?

First time poster...just wondering if anyone is waiting longer that average times (8-12 weeks) to take delivery of a 2012 truck? I placed an order for a Lariat SCrew in the middle of January through a fleet program and as far as I can tell from the dealer, I'm going to be waiting awhile.

I'm not sure if the truck is scheduled, being built or totally frozen. At one point, I was told it was on a material hold, possibly for the spray-in liner, but I don't know, I have read some rumors of manufacturing delays on other forums. I don't have a VIN or an order number and no updated status, so I'm totally in the dark.

I'm hoping for some advice/explanation or at least some others who are experiencing similiar waits. Maybe it's my own fault for ordering a SCrew with a 6.5' bed, but I'm getting impatient for at least a status update... Thanks in advance guys!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by JSpring
First time poster...just wondering if anyone is waiting longer that average times (8-12 weeks) to take delivery of a 2012 truck? I placed an order for a Lariat SCrew in the middle of January through a fleet program and as far as I can tell from the dealer, I'm going to be waiting awhile.

I'm not sure if the truck is scheduled, being built or totally frozen. At one point, I was told it was on a material hold, possibly for the spray-in liner, but I don't know, I have read some rumors of manufacturing delays on other forums. I don't have a VIN or an order number and no updated status, so I'm totally in the dark.

I'm hoping for some advice/explanation or at least some others who are experiencing similiar waits. Maybe it's my own fault for ordering a SCrew with a 6.5' bed, but I'm getting impatient for at least a status update... Thanks in advance guys!
Your order sounds almost identical to mine. I ordered my 2012 SCrew Lariat 6.5' box, Max Tow (yadda, yadda) on Jan 31st through a fleet program from our dealer here in Calgary, and I have an expected delivery date of March 19th. There was no mention of delays for anything, including the spray-in bed liner on my order.

I would suggest calling your dealer again. Either you got a straight answer and I'm being led astray, or vice versa.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:39 PM

more discussions about 2012 delivery here..

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/what-y...17452/index71/
Old 03-14-2012, 07:50 PM

I ordered my 2012 FX4 with FX appearance, Nav, etc and suppose to arrive at my dealer Mar 25th but i am located in Newfoundland, Canada......we wait for everything here.

I was told just after I ordered that the delay was for the 20" wheels that come with the FX appearance pkg.

Good luck, hope you hear something soon, nothing worse than waiting for your new ride. This is the first time I ordered a vehicle, not sure I will have the patience to ever do it again, LOL.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 PM

Also first time poster, but long time lurker. Decided to join on this conversation since I have something to ad. I'll post in the intro too, I'm not a stranger to forums.

I ordered this truck : http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...FW1E6XCFB35158

On February 20th 2012. Got the VIN last tuesday. Window sticker became available this morning. Build date shows March 20th, 2012. No ETA from the dealership yet. Going to dealer in Blair, NE. I HOPE to see it before April.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

I waited 14 weeks and 5 days from day of order to picking it up at the dealer.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by 12GreenGem
Also first time poster, but long time lurker. Decided to join on this conversation since I have something to ad. I'll post in the intro too, I'm not a stranger to forums.

I ordered this truck : http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...FW1E6XCFB35158

On February 20th 2012. Got the VIN last tuesday. Window sticker became available this morning. Build date shows March 20th, 2012. No ETA from the dealership yet. Going to dealer in Blair, NE. I HOPE to see it before April.
How did you get access to the window sticker? I contacted my dealer, and they had no clue at all about how or where to get the data or links for me. What exactly should I be asking for so that they understand?

Old 03-15-2012, 11:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by triathletedave
How did you get access to the window sticker? I contacted my dealer, and they had no clue at all about how or where to get the data or links for me. What exactly should I be asking for so that they understand?

Ask for a VIN, from the VIN you get a window sticker
Old 03-15-2012, 02:19 PM

Thanks for the quick replies everybody... Yeah I've asked the dealer a couple of times for a VIN number and haven't received a response or a reason for why I can't get that. Maybe it hasn't been generated yet, I don't know, but I'd just like to have an idea of when I might actually receive the truck, we're rapidly approaching 2013 truck territory!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:44 PM

Just found this updated March 13th, in case anyone is wondering about the material holds on 2012 trucks... The wait continues, I ordered the sprayed liner and the 5.0L with elocker on the offroad package, nice!!

F-150
Assembly plant downtime weeks: 7/2.
Estimated ordering wait times to delivery: 10-12 weeks
The following options are on hold and will delay production:
 (96W) Spray-in bedliner
 (XL3, XL6, XL9) E-Lock
axle w/ (99F) 5.0L engine (SXT – 503A; XLT – 507A)
Other:
 (W1R, X1R) Raptor – retail allocation only

http://www.arifleet.com/news/purchas..._times_delays/

Quick Reply: Anyone waiting on 2012 delivery?