Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone shopping? Do you think incentives will continue?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Anyone shopping? Do you think incentives will continue?

I know I am just looking to reinforce my opinion, but what do you folks think about the current incentives for the 2010? They expire June 1st. Here is my dilemma- I wish to order a truck and time is running short. I have no idea when they will stop making this year's model, but it has to be soon. The dealership can't say for certain either. I am about to order this wednesday, knowing that the incentives can not be taken advantage of until you take possession of the vehicle- sometime in 6-12 weeks from what I have heard. I could wait a week to order, but I guess that the cutoff for new orders has to be fairly soon. At this point in the year, I don't see the current incentives going away. With the upcoming engine changes, I would think they would want to clear the 2010s off the lot over the next three months. Any thoughts?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought one in Feb., at that time my dealer stated that if I ordered one , I would get either the incentives at order time or the incentives at delivery time, whichever was better for me. I would check that. Honestly, I don't see them changing much. They may get better, but might be after the order deadline, so the only choices are what they have left on the lots. No matter what, it pretty much comes down to how well you deal with them. I look at it this way, the truck I bought I got a real good deal on, and the extra $500 being offered now probably wouldn't have helped. Mine had been at the dealer for 6 weeks and hadn't been looked at, so they really wanted to sell. IMO, order it, don't look back and enjoy it.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 PM

I have searched the local lots online, but have not found what I am looking for. It seems that they put so many extra options on the trucks, some adding up to $3-5k. The Lariat already has more than I would have expected in a truck, so why add more options? That is my primary reason in ordering vs. finding one on the lot. I am expecting the incentives to stay the same in the coming months...
Old 05-24-2010, 11:06 PM

Not to be a downer but if you take a look at the state of the economy things are still unstable and probably won't get much better for a while (3-5 years) Just my opinion.
Unemployment is still an issue, government debt, global economic issues, etc.

Ford is looking at the same economic data you and I see from day to day. Ford's costs have gone down, labor and material, shipping, etc. So, chances are rebates will remain or get better before they release the 2011 model.

I know for the XLT model cash incentives went from 4,500 to 5,500 in May or June.

What really matters is getting the truck you want for the price you can afford and are willing to pay today. If those two elements are in line I'd buy the truck you want.

If you can order or find the F150 you want do it. Once done, enjoy and don't look back. Life is short. Evaluate and implement
Old 05-24-2010, 11:42 PM

I just bought mine 10 days ago and if I were to have it built it would have been the '11 model which doesn' t have the rebates yet so I went with the '10. In order to get the same features I had put together on fords website my dealer had to go 500 miles away to get my truck. I managed $5000 in rebates and also had the X-plan which got me another $4000 off.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:01 AM
2010 Lariat

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ford's new policy allows you to take your choice of the rebates in effect when you order your new truck or the rebates in effect when your new truck arrives. So, get the best of both worlds by ordering before June 1 and you can take either the current rebate or the new rebate announced after June 1st, whichever is greater. Also, be sure to order a brochure on line on the ford web site and they'll send you a coupon for an additional $750 off that you can use when you take delivery of your new truck. Enjoy your new F150.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ordered my truck on march 26th and at the time, i was in the same dilemma as you with the rebates. i chose to order from a dealer that could guarantee the rebates for me (ford allows certain smaller dealers to do this in order to boost their sales). i was guaranteed i would get the rebates at the time of order of the time of delivery, whichever rebates were higher.

the other option you have is to make the dealer give you an opt-out option on your truck, such that if you order it and when it comes the rebates are gone, you are not obligated to take delivery of the truck

needless to say, i've been watching the rebates for the past few months and they have only gotten better. i've concluded that we won't see a drastic change in the rebates anytime soon. if anything, Ford will start to wean customers off the rebates, but dropping them $500/month over the course of several months. at any rate, i think the current rebates are here to stay for the next few months at least.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by modiecast
Ford's new policy allows you to take your choice of the rebates in effect when you order your new truck or the rebates in effect when your new truck arrives.
Also, be sure to order a brochure on line on the ford web site and they'll send you a coupon for an additional $750 off that you can use when you take delivery of your new truck. Enjoy your new F150.
i haven't heard of them changing this policy....are you saying it's across the board for all dealerships? the policy only existed for certain select dealerships two months ago when i bought my truck.

and the coupon is a gamble, you may or may not get it, but you should definitely try.

Last edited by jt_04; 05-25-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:25 AM

If you need a new truck buy it. My Bronco is 15yrs new- obviously paid off and I have been looking as well. If you can afford it then buy it. The rebates are great. Especially the ones KCK got; 5k + 4K wow! My operating costs for gas+insurance are about 300/month. A new truck for me (+$payment)with a bit better gas mileage(-$) and some (+$ stronger insurance) is doubled to +$600/month. I have been maxing out my Roth IRA which is like 350/month- so that's here that $$$ goes. I had a reality check. Good Luck!

KCK- sweeet rig!!

Last edited by dutchman123; 05-25-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:44 AM

Thanks dutchman.... $1000 of my dealer rebates was choosing to use the Ford Credit but remember you only have to make 3 or 4 payments and you can refinance for a lower rate, you won' t pay $1000 extra in interest by then so it is worth it.

Quick Reply: Anyone shopping? Do you think incentives will continue?