Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running this setup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 08:03 PM

Received 202 Likes on 163 Posts

Default Anyone running this setup?

I'm comparing tires and rims and seeing what I like. It's going to be awhile before I get new tires and rims but looking at my options and wondering what is the best.
Is anybody running this setup? VV
Old 10-20-2014, 08:26 PM

Also looking at this. VV
Old 10-20-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 187 Likes on 155 Posts

Not running them, but I like the Methods. More simple look. Wish they didn't have the bolts around the edge though. Everyone and their mother has that look these days...
Old 10-21-2014, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by terraformer
Not running them, but I like the Methods. More simple look. Wish they didn't have the bolts around the edge though. Everyone and their mother has that look these days...
I hear ya. My current rims have em and I don't like that look. I like the total blackout look. I like them because they (too me) are a bridge between the old steel rims and the new modern rims.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That style of rim is super common on the work trucks of a lot of the guys I work with. They seem to love them. Not my thing (frankly most current rim designs don't appeal to me) but rims are such a personal preference decision that you should get whatever you like and can afford.

As for the tires, again, the Trail Grapplers are HUGELY popular out here. We spend a lot of time in mud on crappy "roads", lots of time on the highway, and some time in snow during the winter. I did a ton of research and talked to many guys that had all sorts of tires for the conditions we drive in and ended up going with the Goodyear Duratracs, and I am very happy that I did. They are not quite as aggressive looking as the Nittos, but performance-wise, they are in my opinion a better all around tire for the conditions I described above. They are aggressive enough for the off road conditions, while being quiet on the highway, rated for snow, and from what I have read everywhere, have an edge in longevity after lots of road miles. I put a set on my truck 2 weeks after I bought it and have been running them for the past month and I LOVE the way they ride.

That being said, if you are primarily doing the offroad thing and want a softer tire with a more gnarly tread pattern, the Nittos might be a good option. Like I said, they are basically standard issue in the TX and NM oilfields.

Quick Reply: Anyone running this setup?