Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know what the Medium Flint FX4 Luxury package interior looks like?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know what the Medium Flint FX4 Luxury package interior looks like?

While I was under the impression that the FX4 luxury package only came with a black interior (that is what the website seems to suggest), when I looked at my paperwork I see it marked as "Black/Medium Flint"

I checked the website again and while the image only shows as black, there is an option for the chairs. The default does not have a colour listed. The other is listed as Medium Flint.

I have a hard time figuring out what Medium Flint actually is??? I have not see a photo of an FX4 interior that actually had black seats. I've only seen a dark grey leather. Is this Medium Flint? Or is that a light grey?

To make matters worse, the legend of interior colours at the back of the brochure lists two interior options for the FX4 as "Black/Black" and "Black/Medium Stone"?????

Anyone know what Medium Flint leather is? Better yet, if you have an FX4 with the Luxury Package and a photo of Medium Flint interior - I would appreciate it very much.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always been told that "Flint" is another name for charcoal grey.

just a thought.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:23 AM

My FX4 interior is listed as "black interior with black seat" and the seats are black as night leather. Maybe the flint is the grey you are seeing.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:35 AM

Willywaxer, how do these photos compare with the colour of your leather seats?

The ones in these still seem a dark grey to me but I figure you are in the best position to tell if these are the same colour as yours or not?
Attached Thumbnails Anyone know what the Medium Flint FX4 Luxury package interior looks like?-fx4interior.jpg   Anyone know what the Medium Flint FX4 Luxury package interior looks like?-fxinterior2.jpg  
Old 04-12-2009, 10:36 AM

Now that I've posted those and compare to yours these must be what they call 'Black' and what I must be signed up for is a light grey of some sort.

I better call my dealer to get this changed if there still is time.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:44 PM

Yeah, they may look dark grey in the pics, but they are definately black. The cross pattern in the center is really nice, as is the edge stitching. I had a Mercedes GL and the leather seats are similar in quality. Amazing what Ford put into these seats. I've never seen the grey so I can't comment.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:09 PM

Hehe, I've been wondering the same thing myself. I can't seem to find a picture of the flint color anywhere.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:30 PM

Just got a call back from my salesperson. She says that flint is only the colour of the 'piping' - stiching - of the seats. The seats themselves are only black leather.

I'm going to have to take her word for it. I made pretty clear when I bought that I wanted black so I imagine she is taking care of it.

Aside, I stopped by another dealer today who had a dark blue fx4 with the luxury package in stock and the interior looks absolutely amazing!
Old 04-13-2009, 03:38 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Found a pic of one, personally, I really like it. For me I think the black leather will be too hot in the summer.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:45 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by canoetrpr
Just got a call back from my salesperson. She says that flint is only the colour of the 'piping' - stiching - of the seats. The seats themselves are only black leather.
I think she is wrong. The FX4 interior is black, but the seats have the option of being either black or medium flint (see my post above).

Here is a snippet from the window sticker for this truck:

2009 MODEL YEAR
BRILLIANT SILVER CLEARCOAT
STERLING GRAY CC ACCENT
BLACK INTERIOR W/FLINT SEATS
PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PKG.505A
.FX4 SERIES

Last edited by laketrout; 04-13-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone know what the Medium Flint FX4 Luxury package interior looks like?