Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know how to remove the license bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know how to remove the license bracket?

I recently purchased a 2011 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost which came with a license bracket on the driver side instead of the bumper pad. I bought a set of pads today at the Ford dealership and took a quick look to see if if it was intuitive to remove the bracket. I suspect there are plastic snaps that need to come out, but in the brief time that I spent I did not see how I could get my hands behind the bumper to release the plastic snaps. Curious if someone has already figured this out and if they would share their knowledge with me. Thanks. I look forward to your response.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't remember for sure, but I do know mine came off easily. I think I pulled on it with one hand and "helped" on the backside with the other hand. Start in the center and work out. The new bumper pads are side specific but that is pretty evident. Whole job start to finish wasn't more than 3 minutes.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RLRivero
I recently purchased a 2011 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost which came with a license bracket on the driver side instead of the bumper pad. I bought a set of pads today at the Ford dealership and took a quick look to see if if it was intuitive to remove the bracket. I suspect there are plastic snaps that need to come out, but in the brief time that I spent I did not see how I could get my hands behind the bumper to release the plastic snaps. Curious if someone has already figured this out and if they would share their knowledge with me. Thanks. I look forward to your response.
If you reach in from the top and where the Intercooler HOLE is - you can feel the clips. You squeeze them inward and they release. Then you just pull - you may damage a couple of them, but I found they still clip in and snug enough.

I had to do this when I put on the Intercooler Grill.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:46 PM

Received 125 Likes on 114 Posts

YRT!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I pulled them out and half the clips broke off lol thankfully i was putting 5.0L ones on.

Quick Reply: Anyone know how to remove the license bracket?