Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone having issues with 5 Star tunes?

Old 07-17-2015, 11:42 PM
Born Texan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone having issues with 5 Star tunes and SCT programer?

I ordered my 5* 87 perf tow, 93 perf tow, and 93 perf tune over 3 weeks ago. I received the tunes a couple days later but my truck wouldn't start so I contacted 5* and they said they would work with SCT to resolve the issue. The Customer Service was great for the first few days but it fell off extremely fast, no calls or emails notifying me of the status and I've been patiently waiting but I'm getting pretty fed up now!! Have any of you experienced issues like this with 5*? I'm getting pretty close to telling them to cancel my order and go with LET tunes instead... I recently bought a 2013 Lariat Screw ecoboost so I'm kind of new to all of this... Any help or guidence would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited by BOOSTED EGO; 07-18-2015 at 12:39 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:55 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

No issues here. Call them again
Old 07-18-2015, 12:03 AM
Born Texan

I've called and just get an answering machine. I've also emailed and I've had a response from them 10 days ago saying SCT has everything on their end completed and they are waiting for it to be sent to them. As a business owner myself, if my customer has an issue with Owens Corning I call them and resolve the issue and constantly communicate with my customer regarding the progress along the way...
Old 07-18-2015, 12:35 AM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Anyone having issues with 5 Star tunes?

I'd say cancel and go with SSI tune. Dude does amazing stuff with his tunes. And he's constantly working and tweaking them to make it better. Not many other tuners do that. Most develop a so called good tune and leave it at that. Shawn at SSI is always improving his tunes.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:24 AM

Received 843 Likes on 495 Posts

I don't know about that^^^
Anyways no issues with my 5 star tunes, I tried LET a little bit ago and the tune didn't do **** for my truck and had some issues even 3 revisions later.
That being said some people have really good results with them, every truck is different.
From what I heard the recent issues people are having were actually on the SCT side, something about an update?
Old 07-18-2015, 05:00 AM

Received 146 Likes on 130 Posts

Same response on the threads that you asked this before. It was an SCT update that is causing an issue, which is why all custom tuners have had customers experience this.

Contact them again, something may have fallen through the cracks.

Or try someone else, it's totally up to you. Unleashed, MPT, LET are all great tuners. I understand and I would be a little choked also if I was waiting that long. But sometimes you just need to be persistent.

Last edited by vozaday; 07-18-2015 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Born Texan

Yeah, I've heard great things about 5 stars customer service and that's why I went with them. I completely understand the main issue was on SCT's end and their update, but that has been resolved 10 days ago and I still haven't recieved anything...

I've even gone as far as trying to find out if it would make it easier on them if I got the live wire, but no reply. I have the X3 and plan on buying it eventually so I was just gonna go ahead and take the dive. Im getting the Devils Own injection on monday so I would like to be able to have some live feedback...

I'll call and email them again on Monday and I'll give them another week, but after that I'm done.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:35 AM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by BOOSTED EGO
I have the X3
That may be the problem, you should be using the x4 for your year model. I have a 13 and that's what I have as do many others.

Just a guess.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:20 PM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

It was an sct update. Ssi had same issue with the update, but he figured it out.... If you are impatient call Shawn at ssi.... You will get tubes in jus a few minutes.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:28 PM
Born Texan

Mike at 5 Star sent me the revised 87pt tune to test today, it definitely worked and all I can say is wow! Really woke the truck up and worth the wait, I guess I'm just a little impatient... Now to install my Snow Performance Meth Kit this weekend and it's on like Donkey Kong. I can't wait to see what the 93 perf tune and 100% meth can do!!

I did pick up the Livewire so I could have some gauge feedback, accurate data logging, and 3 min uploads instead of the 20 min with the x3...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone having issues with 5 Star tunes?