Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti Theft flashing

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 03:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Anti Theft flashing

So here I am 500 miles away from home where my spare key is. I am working and I go to use my 09 F150 this weekend. I start it like I have for the last 2 yrs with the command start... nothing. I go out and start it manually nothing.. THere is this light flashing at me that looks like a lock. I call roadside and they suggest I lock the doors, unloack and relock the drivers door with the key and wait 40 minutes and retry.. I do still nothing.. I keep trying and then for giggles I set the cluster to scan my systems I retry and great it starts.. Go to use it later same issue, do the system scan and it starts.. Now nothing is working and even though this truck is under full warranty the dealership is stating it may not be warranteed... Like wtf is wrong with these yahoo's? Anyways any suggestions on this or is it a trip to the dealership for this one?
Old 03-20-2011, 05:33 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I can barely make out what you are trying to say.

The spare key you are talking about, is it the second key ford gave you? Or did you went into a store and just had them copy your original key?

If it was the later, well new vehicles keys have a chip inside of them that the vehicles reads to protect against theft. So you can't just copy the key like old cars and it will work. It needs to be programs to the vehicle.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:40 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

nah, he said his spare key is miles away. His original key quit working. couldve lost its programming? did you sit it on a magnet or something? lol.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:51 PM

My second key from ford is the spare I am referring to. Nope never sat on a magnet. What I have found from a little trial and error is, as long as I have the tilt steering lowered it starts. If I leave the steering wheel up the anti theft light flashes like crazy and the truck won't start
Old 03-20-2011, 02:55 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

start it and take it to the nearest ford dealership, it has to be under warranty unless you had some hack job install your remote start and he fudged up all the wiring, but if its ford dealer installed then you are ok.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:15 PM

Was installed at future shop... I checked both with my dealer and future shop before I had this installed and both said they are a certified center thus will not void the warranty. It has been in since 2 weeks after I bought the truck and never had a problem.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer will fix. Probably some type of module in your truck went bad. It happens. As long as you can start it. just drive it till you get back home and drop it off at dealer. Good luck.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:42 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by F150canuck
Was installed at future shop... I checked both with my dealer and future shop before I had this installed and both said they are a certified center thus will not void the warranty. It has been in since 2 weeks after I bought the truck and never had a problem.
Joys of future shop. I would never get them to instal anything ever.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:33 PM

At least I figured out how to start it.. Tested it out about 20 times today up down and definately started with the steering down.. and not when the steering is up. I don't honestly believe this is a remote starter related issue as the starter has nothing to do with the tilt steering.. my guess is a connection someplace.

Quick Reply: Anti Theft flashing