Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old Today, 08:59 AM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default alignment and front end concerns

So, the past two alignments I have gotten were underwhelming. Both of them have stated they were dead on the numbers, but when driving I have to have the steering wheel turned to the right to go strait. Is this a common issue, or something I am missing? both alignments were done at different shops, so it's not the same machine or tech. I am lifted on coilovers, but that shouldn't affect the toe, and I have the camber plates/nuts and got the camber back into spec. Anything else I am missing?

Secondly, I am not sure if it is alignment related or tire related: but I just got new tires, 305/55-20 Toyo AT2s at the same time as I get the alignment. While driving strait or taking a turn the truck is very stable, but when I make minor corrections back and forth with the steering wheel the front end tends to float and wallow like an old 70s cadillac. Is that the norm for the larger tires even though they are E rated? or is this more of the suspension toe being off and thus its pulling weird?
2012 White F150 Platinum Ecoboost 3.55 ELD: BOSS coilovers, 2.5" rear block, Boost Bars lower grill and plate delete, Steelcraft grillguard and tail light guards, SCT Livewire, MPT 87 tune, RX catch can and clean side separator, Polk DB 571 coaxials in the doors.
torinalth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinalth View Post
So, the past two alignments I have gotten were underwhelming. Both of them have stated they were dead on the numbers, but when driving I have to have the steering wheel turned to the right to go strait. Is this a common issue, or something I am missing? both alignments were done at different shops, so it's not the same machine or tech. I am lifted on coilovers, but that shouldn't affect the toe, and I have the camber plates/nuts and got the camber back into spec. Anything else I am missing?

Secondly, I am not sure if it is alignment related or tire related: but I just got new tires, 305/55-20 Toyo AT2s at the same time as I get the alignment. While driving strait or taking a turn the truck is very stable, but when I make minor corrections back and forth with the steering wheel the front end tends to float and wallow like an old 70s cadillac. Is that the norm for the larger tires even though they are E rated? or is this more of the suspension toe being off and thus its pulling weird?
The walling could be because of low tire pressure. What psi are you running. I had the same thing with my and the alightment shop got the wheel straight and it doesn't pull anymore.
nickel_work87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:09 AM   #3

dunno about pressure yet. been tied up, but will check when I get free in a couple hours. the ride is decidedly firmer so I am not sure if it is the sidewall or tire pressure causing it (or both).
2012 White F150 Platinum Ecoboost 3.55 ELD: BOSS coilovers, 2.5" rear block, Boost Bars lower grill and plate delete, Steelcraft grillguard and tail light guards, SCT Livewire, MPT 87 tune, RX catch can and clean side separator, Polk DB 571 coaxials in the doors.
torinalth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:31 AM   #4
Wondering Around

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I would rotate the tires, sometimes even new tires have problems.
Old Today, 10:31 AM