Originally Posted by herrera805
I have a platinum f150 and it had the tow mirrors with puddle lights (these are going to be up for sale) I replaced them for the regular mirrors but they dont have the puddle lamp, can I take the puddles off the tow mirors and put them on the ones I have now? I tried feeling around the inside of the new mirror and I cant find any wires.
1. You buy a Platinum F150 with tow mirrors with lights.
2. You buy Lariat regular mirrors without lights (but you want lights).
3. You replace the tow mirrors with lights with Lariat mirrors without lights.
4. Now you want to remove the lights from the tow mirrors with lights effectively converting them into tow mirrors with holes for lights.
5. Next you plan to drill light mounting holes in the regular Lariat mirrors (that probably have no wires) and mount the lights.
6. Then you plan to sell the tow mirrors with holes where the lights used to be.
That seems to be the long way around to a direct solution.
Why not buy KR or Platinum mirrors that already have the lights?