Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.0 Exhaust Help.. Trying to find the one.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 12:11 AM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Default 5.0 Exhaust Help.. Trying to find the one.

Hey guys,

I am beating my head trying to find out what type of exhaust this guy has in my area that I see driving around. It's on the Raptor but it sounds raspy, hollow and deep. It sounds BAD ***. I am trying to see if I can achieve this similar sound for my 5.0 but the one thing I really don't want is drone. I like the idea of having an exhaust that is not too loud when idling or cruising but when you smash it sounds like a race car.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:18 AM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

Borla or Solo. You'll forget their cost when you first hear it on your truck. Go to stage3motorsports.com and you'll find a lot of sound clips there.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:36 AM

I'll check them out.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:42 AM
pdt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the roush exhaust on my 5.0 and it sounds great. Its a nice throaty sound when you get on it and the drone is not bad at all.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:19 AM

Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

Corsa sport with resonator delete will fit that bill, I love mine
Old 05-26-2015, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mark_604
Corsa sport with resonator delete will fit that bill, I love mine
Do you happen to have any sound clips?
Old 05-26-2015, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by slimcubby
Do you happen to have any sound clips?
Not of my exhaust personally but these of a couple of the clips I listened to before buying. Granted this is the corsa db exhaust in these clips and not the sport, but they are pretty much the same thing with different tips and quality of metal used which makes the db cheaper.

Anyways this sounds pretty much spot on to my exhaust. Keep in mind the noise levels in the cab are nowhere near as loud as it sounds outside the cab.

There's absolutely no drone at highway speeds and when you floor it things get loud. Otherwise it's just a nice rumble at idle and cruising around.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mark_604
Not of my exhaust personally but these of a couple of the clips I listened to before buying. Granted this is the corsa db exhaust in these clips and not the sport, but they are pretty much the same thing with different tips and quality of metal used which makes the db cheaper.

Anyways this sounds pretty much spot on to my exhaust. Keep in mind the noise levels in the cab are nowhere near as loud as it sounds outside the cab.

There's absolutely no drone at highway speeds and when you floor it things get loud. Otherwise it's just a nice rumble at idle and cruising around.
That sounds awesome! Now when you say there's no drone at highway and flooring it. Does that mean there's drone at other times like towing? Or is there never any droning? Also, is the cab quiet enough for a baby and kids?
Old 05-26-2015, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by slimcubby
That sounds awesome! Now when you say there's no drone at highway and flooring it. Does that mean there's drone at other times like towing? Or is there never any droning? Also, is the cab quiet enough for a baby and kids?
I haven't towed with it, but the only time i'll notice it constantly would be if i'm going up a large hill and the motor is working hard, and even then it's not loud or annoying. I haven't had to turn up the radio to hear over the exhaust. There are days I forget I even have an exhaust when im just cruising around with the radio on. It's nice cause you can make it noticeable by being aggressive on the gas, or just a bit of a rumble when you're being easy on it.

I will say on a cold start it is loud outside the cab, so you might see a neighbour look out their window if you happen to park close to where they sleep. Other than that it quiets down a bit after the initial couple of minutes.

I'd have no issues putting children in the back, unless I was planning to redline it with the windows open right next to a wall or something lol

Quick Reply: 5.0 Exhaust Help.. Trying to find the one.