Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

305/50x20

Old 03-28-2015, 03:41 PM

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Default 305/50x20

I used a chart to try and get a size tire that would fit on my truck. Apparently a 20x10 wheel with Nitto 420S and -19 offset hits the front fender lip on the inside of the wheel well when turning. Kind of frustrated that I several hours to calculated if it would work, and everything looked fine, but when we put the tires on, it grabbed at the fender flair lip.

Will a 2" leveling kit fix this? If so, I was looking at just forking over the money to get a decent set up with, perhaps Bilsteins. The problem is, there are several different options, ranging from $75 to $1200, so I have no idea which one is the best deal. I don't mind paying a few hundred, but I don't understand how the price racks up to $1200+ for just two front shocks/springs.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and if this is the set up I will need to fun this set up?

Name:  9E57FCDD-BD69-42A7-8B9F-D727515D5760_zpsteuxk61o.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  212.5 KB
Old 03-28-2015, 04:15 PM
Custom User Title!

Received 62 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Troponin
I used a chart to try and get a size tire that would fit on my truck. Apparently a 20x10 wheel with Nitto 420S and -19 offset hits the front fender lip on the inside of the wheel well when turning. Kind of frustrated that I several hours to calculated if it would work, and everything looked fine, but when we put the tires on, it grabbed at the fender flair lip. Will a 2" leveling kit fix this? If so, I was looking at just forking over the money to get a decent set up with, perhaps Bilsteins. The problem is, there are several different options, ranging from $75 to $1200, so I have no idea which one is the best deal. I don't mind paying a few hundred, but I don't understand how the price racks up to $1200+ for just two front shocks/springs. Can anyone point me in the right direction and if this is the set up I will need to fun this set up?
Wow that's an aggressively spec'd wheel. Those stick out almost 4" more than stock. I bet it still rubs with a leveling kit but only one way to find out.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:42 PM

I have seen them on other vehicles, and it really didn't look super aggressive. Maybe 1-2 inches out. Here is an F150 with the same wheels (in black) with 33" tires. They don't appear super aggressive, but they do stick out. If I find I don't like how far they stick out, I'll simply get fender flairs.

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wh...it-custom-rims

I might be getting confused. Is a -19 more aggressive than a -24? I have found a couple -44 wheels that I thought would be insanely aggressive, but am I getting the offsets backwards?
Old 03-28-2015, 04:47 PM

Received 3,928 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I have seen them on other vehicles, and it really didn't look super aggressive. Maybe 1-2 inches out. Here is an F150 with the same wheels (in black) with 33" tires. They don't appear super aggressive, but they do stick out. If I find I don't like how far they stick out, I'll simply get fender flairs.

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wh...it-custom-rims

I might be getting confused. Is a -19 more aggressive than a -24? I have found a couple -44 wheels that I thought would be insanely aggressive, but am I getting the offsets backwards?
In that link it says they stick out 1" from the fender. But in the pics it looks like they stick out a few inches.
The following users liked this post:
Troponin (03-28-2015)
Old 03-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Custom User Title!

I have seen them on other vehicles, and it really didn't look super aggressive. Maybe 1-2 inches out. Here is an F150 with the same wheels (in black) with 33" tires. They don't appear super aggressive, but they do stick out. If I find I don't like how far they stick out, I'll simply get fender flairs. https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wh...it-custom-rims I might be getting confused. Is a -19 more aggressive than a -24? I have found a couple -44 wheels that I thought would be insanely aggressive, but am I getting the offsets backwards?
I guess we all have a different definition of aggressive. I'd call the truck you posted ultra aggressive, as far as how much they stick out.

You are right that the -19 sticks out less than the -24. However you very rarely see anyone running -24 on anything less than 4-6" of lift
The following users liked this post:
Troponin (03-28-2015)
Old 03-28-2015, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by KPT2
I guess we all have a different definition of aggressive. I'd call the truck you posted ultra aggressive, as far as how much they stick out.

You are right that the -19 sticks out less than the -24. However you very rarely see anyone running -24 on anything less than 4-6" of lift
I see. Man, looking for truck wheels has been tough. I Have been looking for a couple months now, and tons of them are in the negative. I need something that will put more rubber on the ground because I am putting down around 425whp. It spins off the tire(s) when I floor it up to about 30mph, so would like more traction.

Down here in Texas, wide stances are all the rage though. Guys are running ridiculously wide set ups that look like the wheels and tires should be falling off! These wheels actually seemed relatively tame compared to what I am seeing around here. lol For instance, this would not be uncommon here...

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wh...75-custom-rims
Old 03-28-2015, 05:05 PM

So which leveling kit do you all recommend? I guess Bilstein would be the best option? Which kit specifically should I go for? Is the 5100 a good option, or is there better?
Old 03-28-2015, 05:08 PM
Custom User Title!

I see. Man, looking for truck wheels has been tough. I Have been looking for a couple months now, and tons of them are in the negative. I need something that will put more rubber on the ground because I am putting down around 425whp. It spins off the tire(s) when I floor it up to about 30mph, so would like more traction. Down here in Texas, wide stances are all the rage though. Guys are running ridiculously wide set ups that look like the wheels and tires should be falling off! These wheels actually seemed relatively tame compared to what I am seeing around here. lol For instance, this would not be uncommon here... https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wh...75-custom-rims
Yessir I'm aware. I'm out in west texas, see about 30-40 of those a day. But they are all running huge lifts that basically put the tire completely out of the wheel well. Thus little to no rubbing.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by KPT2
Yessir I'm aware. I'm out in west texas, see about 30-40 of those a day. But they are all running huge lifts that basically put the tire completely out of the wheel well. Thus little to no rubbing.
Gotcha. Hopefully an adjustable shock with 2-2.5 inch lift will get it out of the way.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotcha. Hopefully an adjustable shock with 2-2.5 inch lift will get it out of the way.
any updates on this setup

Search this Thread