Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 F-150 XLT Problem with auto windows

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 F-150 XLT Problem with auto windows

Need help! I live in South Florida where it gets extremely hot. I usually crack the front windows to allow for air flow to reduce the inside temperature throughout the day. PROBLEM - at the end of the day when I get back in and hit the window control, it won't go back up, it travels up, then goes to the half open position. I'll manually put the window down all the way, then after about five minutes, the auto mode usually will go all the way back up. However when it's raining, I really don't want the window down for five minutes. Anyone know of a solution??
Old 06-26-2015, 11:36 AM

Received 482 Likes on 354 Posts

I don't know, but if I pretend to be FordService here on the website, I'm sure I can help you ... here goes:

Hi ke4jar, sorry to hear you're having problems with your power/auto windows. Have you contacted your dealer yet? If not, that would be a great next step in resolving this issue. Also, PM me your VIN and current mileage on your truck and I'll see what I can do to help out.

The following 3 users liked this post by Wiggum:
dmclaughlin (06-26-2015), Edgar214 (06-26-2015), Kung (06-26-2015)
Old 06-26-2015, 11:50 AM
IT nerd geek DORK NERD

Received 112 Likes on 74 Posts

^ lmao
Old 06-26-2015, 11:57 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiggum
I don't know, but if I pretend to be FordService here on the website, I'm sure I can help you...
Hey, Wiggum!

I'm going on vacation this fall; wanna stand in for me? J/K!

Originally Posted by ke4jar
Need help! I live in South Florida where it gets extremely hot. I usually crack the front windows to allow for air flow to reduce the inside temperature throughout the day. PROBLEM - at the end of the day when I get back in and hit the window control, it won't go back up, it travels up, then goes to the half open position...
It sounds like dealer time to me, ke4jar. How many miles are on your rig?

Crystal
The following users liked this post:
Kung (06-26-2015)
Old 06-26-2015, 12:10 PM

Received 482 Likes on 354 Posts

Old 06-26-2015, 12:52 PM

Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiggum
I don't know, but if I pretend to be FordService here on the website, I'm sure I can help you ... here goes:

Hi ke4jar, sorry to hear you're having problems with your power/auto windows. Have you contacted your dealer yet? If not, that would be a great next step in resolving this issue. Also, PM me your VIN and current mileage on your truck and I'll see what I can do to help out.

They didn't even get it.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:56 PM

Received 210 Likes on 167 Posts

I got the de-initialization/initialization procedures from my dealership and had success with it. Here's the procedure they gave me. I went with the option of removing the fuse:

De-Initialization

Note: The front window motor must be de-initialized (reset to its original factory settings) before carrying out the initialization procedure.

1. Turn the ignition ON.
2. Operate the window control switch in one-touch mode and remove power from the window motor while the window is moving by one of the following methods:
a. Disconnect the vehicle battery cable while the window is moving.
b. Remove the LH or RH front window motor fuse while the window is moving.
3. This de-initializes the window motor and reset the window motor to its original factory setting
4. Carry out the initialization procedure to turn the one-touch-up feature on

Initialization

WARNING: Keep objects and body parts clear of the glass panel when carrying out the initialization procedure. During the initialization procedure, the glass panel closes with high force and cannot detect objects In Its path. Failure to follow this instruction may result In serious personal injury.

NOTE: The front window must be in the full OPEN position for this procedure to operate correctly

NOTE: If the initialization procedure is only partially completed, the front window motor remains de-initialized and operates only in proportional up/down and one-touch¬down modes.

5. Turn the ignition ON.
6. Activate and hold the window control switch in the UP position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds into the glass top run and release the switch.
7. Activate and hold the window control switch in the DOWN position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds at the bottom of its travel and release the switch.
8. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch-up and one-touch-down features.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

xx

Last edited by ke4jar; 07-03-2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: supposed to be pm

Quick Reply: 2014 F-150 XLT Problem with auto windows