Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Prerunner Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 03:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking 2013 Prerunner Build

Hey guys I am currently build a slight pre runner. I am new to the build stuff so I am wondering if it important to swap out my gears if I upgrade to 35s. The truck current has the stock 3.56 gears I believe.

I will keep the thread updated with pictures of the build but unfortunately the suspension won't be shipping until about the 30th

I would like to see some other peoples builds so feel free to post them below! Thank you anything helps!
Old 12-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

It'd be 3.55's, but I wouldn't worry about a regear with 35's with that axle ratio.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:04 PM
The Light Guy

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by tareed94
It'd be 3.55's, but I wouldn't worry about a regear with 35's with that axle ratio.
I beg to differ. 35s need at minimum 4.10s. I losthink so much pep and fuel economy when I went 35s. Also a big hint to what gear should be in the truck is look at the raptor. Comes with 35s and 4.10s.

I'm interested to see how this turns out. What are you doing suspension wise?
The following users liked this post:
project_sacrunner (12-12-2016)
Old 12-12-2016, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Alex Kenison
I beg to differ. 35s need at minimum 4.10s. I losthink so much pep and fuel economy when I went 35s. Also a big hint to what gear should be in the truck is look at the raptor. Comes with 35s and 4.10s.

I'm interested to see how this turns out. What are you doing suspension wise?
Thank you. I was basing the gears of a Raptor but just wanted to make sure. I think I will be running a Nitro 4.56 package.

As of suspension, for the front I will be doing bajakits mid-travel kit with King 3.0 coil overs. For the rear I will be running King 2.5 PiggyBacks and a deaver mini pack until I save a little more for a full deaver spring setup.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:38 PM
The Light Guy

Originally Posted by project_sacrunner
Thank you. I was basing the gears of a Raptor but just wanted to make sure. I think I will be running a Nitro 4.56 package.

As of suspension, for the front I will be doing bajakits mid-travel kit with King 3.0 coil overs. For the rear I will be running King 2.5 PiggyBacks and a deaver mini pack until I save a little more for a full deaver spring setup.
If our not going to be doing a lot of freeway driving 4.56's would be another good choice. Right now with 35s and 4.10s @75mph I'm turning 2100. I wouldn't want to go much deeper than that for how much I use my truck as a daily. I do have a friend with a raptor who wants to go to 4.56s though so it's not out of the question.

I'll be following your build, I may live in MN but I'm a desert rat at heart and I make the trip out for all the bitd races.
project_sacrunner (12-12-2016)
Old 12-12-2016, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Alex Kenison
If our not going to be doing a lot of freeway driving 4.56's would be another good choice. Right now with 35s and 4.10s @75mph I'm turning 2100. I wouldn't want to go much deeper than that for how much I use my truck as a daily. I do have a friend with a raptor who wants to go to 4.56s though so it's not out of the question.

I'll be following your build, I may live in MN but I'm a desert rat at heart and I make the trip out for all the bitd races.
I will let you know which gear set I will end up going with. I do a decent amount of freeway driving so I will keep that in mind. I will start posting pictures once the build begins but most of the suspension parts won't be shipped until the 30th

Thats awesome. Once the truck is built up I hope to take it to the races as well. Might see you out there.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:19 PM
The Light Guy

Originally Posted by project_sacrunner
I will let you know which gear set I will end up going with. I do a decent amount of freeway driving so I will keep that in mind. I will start posting pictures once the build begins but most of the suspension parts won't be shipped until the 30th

Thats awesome. Once the truck is built up I hope to take it to the races as well. Might see you out there.
I'll be at Parker. Don't know if I'll be in a 10 car or our trophylite though
Old 12-16-2016, 07:31 PM

So I ended up going with the Nitro 4.11 Gear Package. It will be arriving next week as will some other goodies. But I won't be installing much until the BajaKits Mid-Travel suspension comes in. Unfortunately, that's not till the around the 30th

It's becoming harder and harder to wait
Old 12-16-2016, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see a mid travel kit on Baka kits website. Only long travel. What kit did you buy more specific.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by whitefx4mike
I don't see a mid travel kit on Baka kits website. Only long travel. What kit did you buy more specific.
I purchased was the complete BajaKits Mid-Travel kit. They have it all over their instagram but haven't put it on their site yet. To order it you have to contact them directly.

Contact JT at jt@bajakits.com for pricing and options.
Baja Kits (12-20-2016)