Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to F150 Forum!
Welcome to F150 Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 2013 HID Lights

I have a 2013 sterling grey lariat but never got the 502A package for hid lights, nav or moonroof. I have found some OEM HID complete lights in either black or chrome version. The problem is I can't decide on wether to go with the chrome version or get the black version. Here's a picture of my truck and two headlights. Looking for opinions on wether the black housing will be too much or if they will look decent?

Also would the HIDS be plug and play since it is a 13 or will I still need the 100 dollar adapter harness that the 09-12s need to make these work?

Click the image to open in full size.

2013 F-150 Sterling Gray Lariat EB 20" BMF Novakanes W/ Nitto Terra Grapplers, McCulloch HID foglights, Cloud Rider mud flaps, Truxedo Low Pro Cover, chrome turn signals, Recon scanning light bar, LineX spray liner, DBS bug screen
jdtech65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #2

You will need the $100 harness. I have the black ones with a chrome grille. I originally wanted the chrome lights to better match with the rest of my truck but now love the black smokey look of the lights and will do something with my grille.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 HID Lights-img_0073.jpg   2013 HID Lights-img_0074.jpg  
Twinkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #3

Where did you find the OEM HID's? Im looking for a set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtech65 View Post
I have a 2013 sterling grey lariat but never got the 502A package for hid lights, nav or moonroof. I have found some OEM HID complete lights in either black or chrome version. The problem is I can't decide on wether to go with the chrome version or get the black version. Here's a picture of my truck and two headlights. Looking for opinions on wether the black housing will be too much or if they will look decent?

Also would the HIDS be plug and play since it is a 13 or will I still need the 100 dollar adapter harness that the 09-12s need to make these work?

2011 Ford F150 Lariat Limited #1427 - 26x9.5 DUB Drone Flat Blk Wheels, 5% Tint , Shorty "BLK" Antenna, Color Matched Front Lower Grille, Painted Mirror Reflectors, AFE Intake with AFE Intake Cover, Tailgate Extender, Recon LED Rear Taillights and 3rd Brake Light, Recon Headlights/Fog Lights, Polly Stuffed Woofer, Line-X Bedliner, Flat Blk Front and Rear "Ford" Overlays, Blk "Ford" Steering Wheel Overlay
dmedak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
Tommy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtech65

How much are they?

Tmmyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
5 Year Member

Quote:

With the chrome on your truck I'd definitely go with the chrome ones. Unless you plan to black everything out later.

Boise State Broncos
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buck For This Useful Post:
jdtech65 (10-28-2012)
Old 10-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #6

I'd go with the chrome. They have just enough grey to them that they will really pop! I think they will look pretty sweet!
CaSCrew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaSCrew11 For This Useful Post:
Grandpa's Grocery Getter (01-26-2013), jdtech65 (10-28-2012), Vancouverite (01-28-2013)
Old 10-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #7

just know that those lights on ebay are not complete, they dont have ballasts bulbs clips etc. I recognize those pics from the decontented listings... they do have fully assembled ones listed you just have to find them
JPCharmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #8
TTV6>V8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

To be honest for that price just for the housing you can get a really nice set of Retro's done by a few guys on this forum.
After the Bulbs and Harnesses and Ballasts and yada yada these things will be well over 1300. Talk to Bininvic or TuxedoBlack11 and they will make you a set for way under that and to your personal specs.
Custom is the way to go.

Logan - 2012 F-150 FX4 EB Sterling Grey Metallic
Looks - Blacked out Bilinvic Retro's, LED Everything, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT, 30" SR Rigid Light Bar, Plasti-dipped Emblems and Rims
Performance - AFE Stage 2 CAI, SCT SF3, SOLO MR400, Roush Black LED Boost Gauge
Logan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #9

Decided to get the chrome versions... Got them in the mail yesterday. I got them from a guy that is selling them also on Ebay. I got them for $950 with everything included such as bulbs ballasts, everything. The price however went up to 1100 the first of November.

2013 F-150 Sterling Gray Lariat EB 20" BMF Novakanes W/ Nitto Terra Grapplers, McCulloch HID foglights, Cloud Rider mud flaps, Truxedo Low Pro Cover, chrome turn signals, Recon scanning light bar, LineX spray liner, DBS bug screen
jdtech65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #10
Girthy Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Decided to get the chrome versions... Got them in the mail yesterday. I got them from a guy that is selling them also on Ebay. I got them for $950 with everything included such as bulbs ballasts, everything. The price however went up to 1100 the first of November.

Good choice! The chrome accents look great with Sterling Grey (and Ingot Silver).
The Following User Says Thank You to sllydderrr For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 PM