Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - 2014 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2013 HID help

Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 2013 HID help

Here's my problem the left hand side headlight will sometimes comes on, it will also sometimes be stuck on either high beams or stuck on low beams. when this happens the right hand side still works normally. Finding when its stuck off that turning the light switch on an off it may eventually turn on.

Here's what's been done so far:
-dealer said bad bulb wanted 400$ for just the bulb so I went out and bought a couple bulbs still have same issues
-brought truck back to dealership and this time they said ballast an were able to change it under the extended warranty (400$ if wasn't under warranty). Still having the same issues
-now their saying probably a wiring issue somewhere and its not under warranty so was wondering if anyone could help out on somewhere to start.

truck details 2013 f150 Lariat stock hid's

Thanks
06-f150lariet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM   #2
5 Year Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Go to a different dealer. If they said the ballasts were covered then the wiring would be covered too.
Apeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-f150lariet View Post
Here's my problem the left hand side headlight will sometimes comes on, it will also sometimes be stuck on either high beams or stuck on low beams. when this happens the right hand side still works normally. Finding when its stuck off that turning the light switch on an off it may eventually turn on.

-dealer said bad bulb wanted 400$ for just the bulb so I went out and bought a couple bulbs still have same issues
-brought truck back to dealership and this time they said ballast an were able to change it under the extended warranty (400$ if wasn't under warranty). Still having the same issues
-now their saying probably a wiring issue somewhere and its not under warranty so was wondering if anyone could help out on somewhere to start.

Thanks
Can you clarify if it is coming on at all times and that you are finding it stuck in high, or is it that the light itself is not coming on at times?
phukena00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM   #4
Ford Customer Service

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

Quote:

Thanks
I'll investigate this further, 06-f150lariet. What's the current mileage on your truck? Please let me know how things unfold.

Brittany

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #5

Get along really good with the dealer I'm at now an their really awesome.

So light itself isn't coming on all the time an it kinda decides on its own if it wants to be stuck on low beam or high beam every once in a while though it works perfectly.

Going by what's happening it kinda sounds like possibly a bad connection or corroded connection with all the salt over winter too. Just need a starting point to check for power or grounds maybe as simple as that.

Thanks everyone so far. Truck has about 85,000km on it now.
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Get along really good with the dealer I'm at now an their really awesome. So light itself isn't coming on all the time an it kinda decides on its own if it wants to be stuck on low beam or high beam every once in a while though it works perfectly. Going by what's happening it kinda sounds like possibly a bad connection or corroded connection with all the salt over winter too. Just need a starting point to check for power or grounds maybe as simple as that. Thanks everyone so far. Truck has about 85,000km on it now.
Edit so light on left hand will sometimes not work at all, if it does there's a good chance either low or the high beams won't work on that side only.
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Get along really good with the dealer I'm at now an their really awesome. So light itself isn't coming on all the time an it kinda decides on its own if it wants to be stuck on low beam or high beam every once in a while though it works perfectly. Going by what's happening it kinda sounds like possibly a bad connection or corroded connection with all the salt over winter too. Just need a starting point to check for power or grounds maybe as simple as that. Thanks everyone so far. Truck has about 85,000km on it now.
Edit
Problem is hard to describe trying my best. Left head light will usually either not turn on, be stuck on low beam, be stuck on high beam or work perfectly but not often. Right side works perfectly.
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM