Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 FX4 Front Passenger Speaker Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 12:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy 2013 FX4 Front Passenger Speaker Issue

Hey guys, need some help here. Just bought a 2013 FX4 Screw in November, and drove it down to Louisiana from PA (Military). The sound system worked fine the whole time I was home, (about a month) then once I got down here made my first payment in January went and got in my truck and the front passenger speaker starts buzzing, so no big deal right? Wrong. At first i figured it was just a blown speaker, but when I got in it later in the day it's fine. Then the next time it's buzzing again. It only does it when the bass hits, and it is very intermittent and unpredictable. My worry is, that it isn't just the factory speaker, but an underlying problem. I've searched everywhere for someone with the same issue and have been unsuccessful.

I'm going to take it to the dealership once I get some time off work. See what the figure out, I'll probably get the classic run around starting with the speaker replacement, and if it fixes it, good, if not ill take it back in. It's under warranty so I opted not to mess with it on my own. (I'm pretty sure)

If anyone can give me some insight here, as to what they believe the problem to be that'd be great. By the way this is my first time posting here, but I've been around the site for a while. Thanks fellas!

Just a bit more of info about me, I'm 20, I'm and aircraft mechanic specializing in hydraulics. My last truck was an 89 F150 Lariat single cab long bed with a 5.0, 4wd, auto trans. Yeah that's about all I got right now.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:35 AM

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

These trucks have the cheapest effing speakers I've ever seen. My factory passenger door speaker never seemed right to me either. (sometimes crackled) I just replaced them with a set from Crutchfield and all is fine now.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:47 AM

Yeah, if it did it all the time, I'd just replace the speaker, but since its intermittent, I'm not sure if it is just the speaker that's messin' up. So i just want to make sure, and not void any warranty's first off by tearing into it, unless I'm absolutely sure.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:48 AM
Captain Fail

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Next time it starts doing it press in on the upper front part of the door panel. Mine buzzes from the bass but it's not the speaker it's actually the panel.
The following users liked this post:
Tweetz77 (01-16-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 12:51 AM

Yeah I'll definitely give it a try man. Did you fix it in any way, or are you just riding with it right now? And is yours off an on like mine?
Old 01-16-2014, 12:51 AM

Received 221 Likes on 141 Posts

It's a panel that's not tight.
Tweetz77 (01-16-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 12:52 AM

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Tweetz77
Yeah, if it did it all the time, I'd just replace the speaker, but since its intermittent, I'm not sure if it is just the speaker that's messin' up. So i just want to make sure, and not void any warranty's first off by tearing into it, unless I'm absolutely sure.
I wouldn't worry too much about the warranty. It's only a speaker. Besides, Crutchfield sends you everything you need to just plug the new speakers into the existing wiring. No splicing necessary. If you have to, just put the factory speakers back in.
Tweetz77 (01-16-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 12:53 AM

Any ways to fix it, cause those panels are just one big piece if I'm not mistaken
Old 01-16-2014, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by tom231
I wouldn't worry too much about the warranty. It's only a speaker. Besides, Crutchfield sends you everything you need to just plug the new speakers into the existing wiring. No splicing necessary. If you have to, just put the factory speakers back in.
Yeah ill definately check crutchfield out. i plan on putting aftermarkets in soon, just gonna figure this panel out first.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I, too, am having the exact same issue. Some days, no buzz. Somedays, very little buzz, and you can turn it up to 7 without it being too distracting. Otherdays, just leave the radio off because its unlistenable.

I'm speculating that maybe a wire or something is making contact with the cone or something at random.

My truck is a 2013 XLT SCrew.

Quick Reply: 2013 FX4 Front Passenger Speaker Issue