Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 F150 jumpy drive/underneath shudder

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 11:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2013 F150 jumpy drive/underneath shudder

Hello everyone. I hope all of you having a great day.

Straight to the point, I have a 6.2L F150 FX4 2013 (2.5 years old) with 94,000 KM (58,000 mph) on it and I'm very happy with it. No issues, maintenance on time, and always taken care of.

Latley I've been facing a dilemma. When I drive the truck I feel that there is a resistance in the front wheel like applying 70% gas and 30% brake. It appears whenever I take off and on slow turns.

I took the truck 2 times for wheels alignment dispretley to get the problem sovled and nothing happened.

Today I had a very strong vibration on 40 Km/h (25 mph) and by strong I mean the bottles are shaking and the whole body is shaking. Notice that the steering was just little shaking. The vibration is there on all speeds from 10-120 mph and I did shift the gear to neutral going 50 mph and the shaky/vibration is still there

I tried to engage/disengage the 4WD and I heard a very loud shudder and metal colliding. Furthermore the truck drive is very jumpy in Reverse. Also whenever I come to a stop I feel the driveline/diff hitting hard.

No signs for anything wrong no dash lights no faults nothing. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it please >? *struggling* I love my baby so no matter what haters say on Ford I don't care.

Sorry for too much details I don't want any confusion for you guys. Tomorrow I'm taking it to the dealer.

*3 weeks ago I had the truck undercoated for protection just to keep that in mind.

Last edited by Mfrri7; 05-02-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it get worse at different speeds? Maybe u joints in driveshaft?
Old 05-02-2016, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by jmeeler
Does it get worse at different speeds? Maybe u joints in driveshaft?
Yes, it does. It could be but the metal colliding I hear is kinda scary.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:39 AM

Anyone can help ?
Old 05-03-2016, 01:28 PM

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Do you ride the brakes?
Maybe you have some severe warpage on your brakes? or Maybe a stuck piston in the caliper?

Try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes. After disconnecting press the horn for about 30-45 seconds to pull all the power from the computers. Before reconnecting the battery press the horn for another 30 seconds to just pull any last juice.

You'll put your tranny back in learning mode that will hopefully clear any bug that was in the tranny.
The following users liked this post:
Mfrri7 (05-07-2016)
Old 05-04-2016, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by diegoo.jayjay
Do you ride the brakes?
Maybe you have some severe warpage on your brakes? or Maybe a stuck piston in the caliper?

Try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes. After disconnecting press the horn for about 30-45 seconds to pull all the power from the computers. Before reconnecting the battery press the horn for another 30 seconds to just pull any last juice.

You'll put your tranny back in learning mode that will hopefully clear any bug that was in the tranny.
Thanks for the suggestion. I took it to the dealer and hopefully its under the warranty (200,000 km warranty on driveline, transmission, and engine).

I will defiantly do what you stated up there and see what happens. But apparently its a 4x4 problem. So I will just wait and see what they will find.

Thanks again.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:18 PM

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfrri7
Thanks for the suggestion. I took it to the dealer and hopefully its under the warranty (200,000 km warranty on driveline, transmission, and engine).

I will defiantly do what you stated up there and see what happens. But apparently its a 4x4 problem. So I will just wait and see what they will find.

Thanks again.
Let us know what happens, It'll be interesting to know.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:00 AM

Update:

I went to the dealer and got out with the engineer to check the truck problem and suddenly while going 40 mph the gear stop working and loud noises started to come from underneath.

Funny fact: the engineer was saying your tires are bad and you need to change them "The gear is fine there is no problem with shifting and everything". Which they are brand new and balanced twice, good job Mr. eng. Crap.

Anyway luckily it happened with them to prove that there is something wrong, we pushed the truck to the workshop we were nearby and went directly to the manger. He was welcoming me and helpful stating that it is under the 60,000 mph (100,000 km) warranty and you shouldn't worry. But they asked me to come tomorrow and sign on declare paper for removal of the transmission and give me a replacement car - never heard of that one !

Here is a video I recorded today during the road test.

Last edited by Mfrri7; 05-07-2016 at 06:31 AM.

Quick Reply: 2013 F150 jumpy drive/underneath shudder