Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Lariat SCrew: Which Wire(s) to cut to Disable Moonroof?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2012 Lariat SCrew: Which Wire(s) to cut to Disable Moonroof?

Got the dreaded track broken on the moonroof this past weekend. Took it to the dealer & $175 later, they were able to close it completely for me so it doesn't whistle/leak. (Was stuck partially open with the rear part hanging down & no matter what I did, I couldn't get it to seal/close all the way.) Dealer told me it would be $1100 in parts (the entire cassette as there are no replaceable parts) & ~$800 labor to replace the moonroof!!!

I've searched the forum & have read about the SunroofDr with parts to fix & DIY. But I don't use the moonroof that much so I don't really care about fixing it. So, I've unplugged the harness at the switches overhead so no one (Wife) can accidentally open the moonroof & get it partially stuck open again. HOWEVER, doing so has now disabled the rear sliding window. I tried disconnecting the harness at the moonroof motor (above the headliner & above the backseat, just behind the dome light), but disconnecting that ALSO disables the rear sliding window.

Wanting to cut the wire(s) at either the switches or the motor to just disable the moonroof but leaving the rear sliding window intact.

Anyone know which wire(s) to cut to accomplish this?

TIA!!!
Old 08-06-2015, 09:10 PM

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

Trade that puppy in and don't say a word about the moonroof.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:41 PM

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

For the 2014 model year, the service manual shows that it's the violet wire with white stripe. Not sure if it's the same for your 2012.

Quick Reply: 2012 Lariat SCrew: Which Wire(s) to cut to Disable Moonroof?