Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 "Plug'n play" remote start

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 03:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 2011 "Plug'n play" remote start

Has anyone with a 2011 model added this to their truck?
I'm referring to the Plug'N Play remote start kits that are ONLY available for the 2011 models (and are about $300 cheaper), not the bronze/silver/gold starters that are available for any Ford.

Is it the true factory remote start that will activate climate control and tie in to the LCD display?

Also, does it work with MyKey vehicles so that the truck doesn't have to be programmed to shut-off when the doors are open?

And finally - how hard is it to install? "Plug'N Play" usually means really easy, but I want to know for sure. Any dealer reprogramming involved? I know it comes with two new IKT keys.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:32 PM

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

I can answer some of your questions.

1. I don't have one installed
2. Not sure on this one.
3. It does work with MyKey but a dealer will not disable any feature of the MyKey System. I posted this in another thread somewhere.
5. The unit plugs into the trucks harness behind the glove box and will have to be setup through the dealer. No cutting of wires....
Old 03-18-2011, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by p38fln
Has anyone with a 2011 model added this to their truck?
I'm referring to the Plug'N Play remote start kits that are ONLY available for the 2011 models (and are about $300 cheaper), not the bronze/silver/gold starters that are available for any Ford.

Is it the true factory remote start that will activate climate control and tie in to the LCD display?

Also, does it work with MyKey vehicles so that the truck doesn't have to be programmed to shut-off when the doors are open?

And finally - how hard is it to install? "Plug'N Play" usually means really easy, but I want to know for sure. Any dealer reprogramming involved? I know it comes with two new IKT keys.
Do you have a part number for these plug'n play kits? Did you get a price from a dealer? I can't find any info on these.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:54 PM

Yeah, the P/N is BC3Z-19G364-A for the IKT kit which I'm assuming is the same as the factory model.
You also need P/N BL3Z-19G366-A which is a hood switch that disables the remote starter if the hood is open
You can get both parts at www.fordaccessoriesstore.com - click the Add To Cart button, then type the name of a dealer that allows online sales (like Tasca or Tousley) to see the price.

Most dealers seem to be completely unaware that there is a specific remote starter available for the 2011 F-150 - every dealer I talked to gave me the very expensive Gold, Silver, Bronze starter prices.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bob_Mac
I can answer some of your questions.

3. It does work with MyKey but a dealer will not disable any feature of the MyKey System. I posted this in another thread somewhere.
What I'm hoping you mean is that it finally works well enough that the engine will stay running if you open the door, and it figures out which key you're using when you actually turn the truck to "run?"
Old 02-23-2012, 11:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone with experience on this? I am debating it for the price its reasonable, depending on the stealer cost to install~!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:40 AM
FordFan

I piut the remote start that comes with the two keys...take side panel off of left side of dash and push air tube out of the way a bit and you will see a box with a receticle for the remote start wire. plugs in there and a little module that attaches above the supprt frame where glove box latches(inside dash above glove box) and get it enabled through dealer and IDS interface. Can get keys cut at lowes or Home depot or dealer. Program as spelled out in owner's manual...must have original two keys to program.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
FordFan

4 minutes to install, 4 minutes to program and another 3 minutes for dealer to go into computer and enable...truely plug and play.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:42 AM
FordFan

Cost me $200 for kit (no hood latch kit) 20 for enabling at dealership and keys cut at lowes for free. $220 total.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:57 PM

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts

i installed CL3Z-19G364-A, and paid 189 plus shipping from Tasca. It was truly plug and play, took amaybe 15 minutes.

then, my local dealer was nice enough to activate it for free. It does integrate into the dash LCD. As far as the slimate control, what i have learned from my testing (i have manual climate controls), is tha it does not control the fan speed, or the temperature control. so i still have to remember to turn those on each night when i exit the truck.
It does however control my mirror and rear window defrosters, which is nice!

the kit i installed has a seperate FOB, so no extra keys to cut or program. it also has the windshield mounted antenna, so the range is pretty good.

Quick Reply: 2011 "Plug'n play" remote start