Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Navigation screen, rear camera, etc question

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 09:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2011 Navigation screen, rear camera, etc question

I have a question for all you tech guys out there. My 2011 F150 came with WITHOUT the Touchscreen style radio/nav system, Meaning my rear camera is in my mirror. I was wondering if it is possible to switch out the radio setup for a factory touch screen system, Or is my trucks wiring all set up differently. I know the radio bezel would change and such. Or would I have to get the Aftermarket touch screen system? Has anyone done this. I was thinking later down the road of changing it.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:49 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteplatinum2011
I have a question for all you tech guys out there. My 2011 F150 came with WITHOUT the Touchscreen style radio/nav system, Meaning my rear camera is in my mirror. I was wondering if it is possible to switch out the radio setup for a factory touch screen system, Or is my trucks wiring all set up differently. I know the radio bezel would change and such. Or would I have to get the Aftermarket touch screen system? Has anyone done this. I was thinking later down the road of changing it.
I looked into this a few months back, basically what I found is that its not worth the money it will cost to do the conversion.

best route is either a) Advant system or b) aftermarket double din.

http://www.adcmobile.com/ofo1501/
Old 08-01-2015, 09:52 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger024x4
I looked into this a few months back, basically what I found is that its not worth the money it will cost to do the conversion.

best route is either a) Advant system or b) aftermarket double din.

http://www.adcmobile.com/ofo1501/

What did you find out? I mean some of the stuff I can find in a wrecked truck but is there special wire harnesses needed, Reprograming from a dealer, or more??

Quick Reply: 2011 Navigation screen, rear camera, etc question